sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2017 1:54 pm  #1

Cdn. Media Personality Kevin O'Leary Drops Out Of Tory Race

He was the front runner, but he concluded that Quebecers won't invest in what he's pitching, so he's ditching.

I guess he'll be going back to Shark Tank full time.

Kevin O'Leary drops out of Conservative leadership race 

“I have extremely high likelihood of winning the leadership race, but no way to win the election because of Quebec,” he told The Globe and Mail.

It looks like this Shark tanked. 

Last edited by RadioActive (April 26, 2017 2:00 pm)

April 26, 2017 2:17 pm  #2

Re: Cdn. Media Personality Kevin O'Leary Drops Out Of Tory Race

He's probably right.  You have to give the guy some credit for coming to the realization that the Quebec issue would wind up being a dealbreaker.

He probably would have won the leadership based on his name recognition alone.  But that alone isn't going to make him PM at the next election.  I suspect he also underestimated the Liberals, who are, both provincially and federally, masters of spin and will do anything to take him down.  Might that mean that they could dig up some dirt on him that would cost him dearly in the business world?

He's probably much safer in the shark tank.

April 26, 2017 3:16 pm  #3

Great. Now he'll be back paying or being paid to voice his deep thoughts.

April 26, 2017 5:02 pm  #4

Disappointed at the news today...

I've donated several times to his campaign...hmmmm....

And within an hour of receiving a mass email from his campaign office telling me of his new intentions I get an email from Max Bernier...asking for my support.

At least these guys are working together...O'Leary's mailing list already has a new home...

And oh yea....I think I can live with Max...

April 26, 2017 6:59 pm  #5

Trump. O'Leary. Ford.  

Please, oh please, will these bombastic, boorish, blowhards climb back under their rock & save us from their disrespectful, simpleton, alternate fact rhetoric. 

April 26, 2017 8:18 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

He was the front runner, but he concluded that Quebecers won't invest in what he's pitching, so he's ditching.

“I have extremely high likelihood of winning the leadership race, but no way to win the election because of Quebec,” he told The Globe and Mail.

It looks like this Shark tanked. 

To be a leader of any federal party in this country you must be bilingual so he never stood a chance anyway. Initially he was probably arrogant enough to think he was the exception to the rule but finally realized the truth. No French, no support from Quebec - no support form Quebec - no election win.

April 26, 2017 9:49 pm  #7

When Brian Mulroney ran for the Tory leadership to get rid of Joe Clark more than 30 years ago, one of his major selling points was that the Tories were being blanked in Quebec.  He said handing the Liberals a 75-0 edge in Quebec was pretty much conceding the election.  That argument holds today, as Mr Wonderful can now attest.

April 26, 2017 10:20 pm  #8

Good.  We already have 1 great PRETENDER...dirty Donnie.  THAT is enough thank you.