sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2024 6:08 pm  #1

From The 18th Hole To Madison Square A Super Sunday For CBS

CBS left the competition in the rough this past Sunday.  The Masters Golf Tournament had great ratings.  An even better showing with the all important 18-49 demo.   All evening long, right through to Billy Joel's Madison Square Gardens concert, the Columbia Broadcasting System owned the night.  Details from TV Ratings Guide..http://www.thetvratingsguide.com/2024/04/sunday-tv-ratings-41424-billy-joel.html

April 16, 2024 6:14 pm  #2

Re: From The 18th Hole To Madison Square A Super Sunday For CBS

My takeaway: If you compare total viewers to 18-49 rating, you can see that the vast majority of the audience for anything other than The Masters was 50+

April 16, 2024 6:28 pm  #3

I didn't write it very clearly but I was talking about the 18-49 result for the Masters.  Golf attracts more young people than many think.  Went to the Canadian Open about 5 years ago and many of the sold out crowd was in that 18-49 demo.  Something I wasn't expecting. 

April 16, 2024 6:29 pm  #4

Yes, for sure.

I was just pointing out the second tidbit that list reveals.

April 17, 2024 10:06 am  #5

Although dumbass CBS cut out of the Joel concert early, right in the middle of “Piano Man”. Seriously.
They spent the last two days apologizing for it and will re-broadcast it April 19, 9ET. The Masters went over was the reason for the screw up.