sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2024 4:16 pm  #1

CTV Logo at London's Covent Garden Market "Gone".

Yes that's right they removed the CTV logo from the iconic Covent Garden Market in downtown London. Now I did not take a picture because my phone is getting fixed but now Classic Rock 98.1 moved into the space where CFPL-TV did "A Mornings" from the Covent Garden Market until they scrapped the morning show back in 2009. Now I don't know if 98.1 will still brodcast out of their studio on Richmond Row. but I saw someone in the new space when I was there yesterday. So I am beginning to wonder if it was part of the Bell cuts or the Covent Garden Market has cut ties with CTV London.

April 6, 2024 7:10 pm  #2

Re: CTV Logo at London's Covent Garden Market "Gone".

I don't understand why CTV would have a logo there if the TV morning show from Covent Garden Market was cancelled in 2009.  I don't watch CTV London news that much, so maybe I am missing something.   Shouldn't the logo have come down when the morning show was cancelled many years ago, or did CTV still have a studio in the market?

April 7, 2024 8:03 am  #3

Yes, CTV maintained the space in the market after the morning show was cancelled. They used it for TV  interviews and their radio stations BX93 (now Pure Country) and 97.5 Virgin Radio would occasinally broadcast from there. I have no inside knowledge but I suspect some eagle eyed accountant asked why are we spending this money for space we rarely use? And that would be that 

April 7, 2024 10:03 am  #4

zed wrote:

Yes, CTV maintained the space in the market after the morning show was cancelled. They used it for TV  interviews and their radio stations BX93 (now Pure Country) and 97.5 Virgin Radio would occasinally broadcast from there. I have no inside knowledge but I suspect some eagle eyed accountant asked why are we spending this money for space we rarely use? And that would be that 

So there you go!  Now it makes sense, thanks zed.  Enjoy your Sunday!

April 7, 2024 5:52 pm  #5

Here are some clips when they did the morning show from the Covent Garden Market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_rB9YNB0Y 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FinDbXvgrvY