sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2024 5:39 pm  #1

Attn. NewsRadio fans

As Mad About You has come to an end, CHCH is now airing  NewsRadio  at 5:30pm...  

March 29, 2024 5:52 pm  #2

Re: Attn. NewsRadio fans

Have to admit when I first saw the subject line I thought this was about 680 News!

For those with an antenna who can receive WNLO, Channel 23.2 from Buffalo, this show is also on the Rewind TV subcarrier.

NewsRadio airs Monday-Friday from 7-8 PM (two episodes) and Sundays between 9-10 AM (also two episodes back-to-back.)

Rewind TV schedule

March 29, 2024 7:32 pm  #3

Watched the first show yesterday on CHCH, and this was the pilot.  CHCH always shows their retro programs in order.  Newsradio had a good run from 1995-99 and lasted five seasons.  Very young Dave Foley, with Phil Hartman and great character actor Stephen Root among a strong cast.  Newsradio fittingly runs weekdays at 5:30 before the 6pm news.  Hogan's Heroes without a laugh track is now on at 3pm.  Don't know about you but it seems better without the canned laughter.  

March 29, 2024 8:12 pm  #4

That show was so perfectly cast. And it turns out that Joe Rogan was actually just playing himself.

March 30, 2024 10:01 am  #5

I'm hoping CHCH will acquire the rights to broadcast the entire run of The Rockford Files in the future. 

March 30, 2024 11:48 am  #6

mic'em wrote:

I'm hoping CHCH will acquire the rights to broadcast the entire run of The Rockford Files in the future. 

I thought the rights (for Rockford Files) in Canada were still with Global/Corus. Deja View used to carry the show. 

Last edited by Radiowiz (March 30, 2024 11:49 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 30, 2024 4:27 pm  #7

Years ago , CHEX Peterborough used to air the show after the late news, I recorded the entire series on VCR. Unfortunately, I had all the tapes in cardboard boxes in the basement of the house I lived where a sump pump failure resulted in severe flooding and the loss of not only those tapes, but many more including the last recording of my dad before he passed away.