sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2024 7:36 am  #1

Tubi Canada Adding Hundreds Of New Titles Never Available Before

It's one of those things that drives some Canadians (like yours truly!) crazy - the number of films and TV shows that are available in the U.S. versions of streaming services that we can't get here. Yes, a VPN can get you around most of those, but it's better if it's simply allowed across the border. 

So the news that Tubi Canada, partly run in conjunction with Global, is importing more than 200 new titles to watch - for free - is good news. Among the movies you can watch online: the Raiders of the Lost Ark trilogy, all the Back to the Future titles. Despicable Me and Jurassic Park. And that's just a partial list. 

You can see all of them here on a spreadsheet and decide if there's anything you want to watch. Or you can find more info here. 

TubiTV Canada

March 21, 2024 11:34 am  #2

Re: Tubi Canada Adding Hundreds Of New Titles Never Available Before

With Bell Media's upcoming free streaming channels, Tubi Canada, CBC GEM, Stack TV and Pluto expanding there will be a lot more programming offered.  Lots of shows but not enough viewers to watch them.  Ratings will continue to plummet for OTA TV and streamers will continue to be awash in red ink.  

March 21, 2024 11:49 am  #3

I haven't seen the full list of the new movies but from what I have seen they are either big and very mainstream movies like the Jurassic Park or Blade series.  Seen them done that.
Or they are lesser known but not really very sought after.
Does any Indiana Jones fan need to find them on Tubi?  Even if it's a bit old fashioned I imagine many such fans have lost ago bought big DVD box collections filled with special features, documentaries and interviews.
Also doesn't Tubi have repetitive ad breaks, often showing the same four or five ads in a row?
Ugh.
I guess if younger people who have never seen the Back ti the future series they might enjoy watching for free with the ads.

March 21, 2024 10:54 pm  #4

I wondered why Back to the Future was leaving one of the services I subscribe to. Netflix maybe?