sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2024 9:07 am  #1

Melanie Ng Returns To City TV - But Not On Air

The former BT host and presenter will be back in her old stomping grounds, but according to Broadcast Dialogue, she'll be reading the headlines on City's 24/7 online news feed. She resigned just under two years ago to spend more time with family. No word on what's changed in the interim, but perhaps the kids were driving her crazy! 

March 14, 2024 2:12 pm  #2

Re: Melanie Ng Returns To City TV - But Not On Air

Inflation, that's probably what happened. Who can afford to have kids and pay for them given the current climate of price gouging by the supermarkets?  Can't rely on just one partner to be the sole income provider any more these days.

March 14, 2024 3:58 pm  #3

Re: Melanie Ng Returns To City TV - But Not On Air

Sounds like the hours work better for her in this role, I know she departed before as child care with her husband's work schedule and her own schedule was too difficult. She wrote on Instagram that: "That’s why I’m excited to be able to help launch an expanded version of this new channel alongside an incredible team, while also being there for my son in the mornings/afternoons and having the flexibility to work on other fulfilling projects (when I’m able)".