sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2024 12:43 pm  #1

1010 CHUMs

Happened to listening to 1010 this morning at 7:30 and heard Adwoa Nsiah-Yeboah do her traffic thing.
Don't know if it was a mistake, but she signed off the traffic as CHUM 104.5.
If it wasn't a mistake and Bell just doesn't care what station is played on what channel, then OK I guess.
But why couldn't they all just use a generic signoff, like "The traffic for Bell Media."
Even "From the CTV Newsroom" would work like they do for their news intros on 1010.

March 11, 2024 1:15 pm  #2

Re: 1010 CHUMs

newsguy1 wrote:

Happened to listening to 1010 this morning at 7:30 and heard Adwoa Nsiah-Yeboah do her traffic thing.
Don't know if it was a mistake, but she signed off the traffic as CHUM 104.5.
If it wasn't a mistake and Bell just doesn't care what station is played on what channel, then OK I guess.
But why couldn't they all just use a generic signoff, like "The traffic for Bell Media."
Even "From the CTV Newsroom" would work like they do for their news intros on 1010.

I've heard them do this before. She does traffic for various stations in the chain, including RB, CHUM-FM and CP24 and many times they are pre-taped. It sounds like the wrong one got put in the wrong system and they played it not knowing the sign-off was wrong.

But it's happened before. In fact it surprises me that given the whirlwind of what a morning show can be like that it doesn't happen more often. 

March 11, 2024 1:35 pm  #3

Bell running radio stations is like having an auto mechanic doing brain surgery! 

March 12, 2024 1:08 am  #4

laffin wrote:

Bell running radio stations is like having an auto mechanic doing brain surgery! 

Well, at least the auto mechanic is smart enough to let 45 parts of the brain go to real doctors. Too bad it can't be the whole brain. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.