sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2024 7:41 am  #1

Fix The Time On SOWNY Update

Most here have seen this before, but we have enough newcomers that may want to know about it. So here's the semi-annual advice on how to fix the wrong time on SOWNY:

It happens every year. Or rather, twice a year – the semi-annual time switch can cause some here to see the wrong time displayed on the board, depending on a number of factors that, frankly, I could never quite figure out.

Some tell me everything’s fine. Others complain they’re now an hour out. Others don't care. But if you do, you'll notice it affects the time stamp when you post a message and when you last visited. Fortunately, there's an easy fix. 

At the top of the page, if you're signed in, click on “My Options.” Below your user name and email, you’ll find a section called “Timezone Preference.” On the drop down menu, adjust the time by an hour. (For example, Daylight Time can be altered to  -4 AST to get it to show the correct time. Standard Time goes back to -5 in November.)

Go to the bottom of that page and hit “submit.”

That’s it. The clock should now display correctly. Because, as Bob Dylan once noted, "The Times, They Are A-Changing." This is the easy way to change them back!