sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2024 7:21 am  #1

AM640's Greg Brady Returns Less Than A Week After Knee Surgery

I was somewhat surprised to hear the AM 640 morning host back in the chair Monday, less than a week after departing for surgery on a torn meniscus in his knee. (And I'm quite sure he's in a chair!) That is either a remarkable recovery or a remarkable sense of responsibility, but he's quite a trouper. 

I partially tore mine once a few years ago and, while I didn't have surgery, it took me weeks and weeks to get over it. I know how painful it is, so for him to be back to work in less than a week is commendable. 

February 26, 2024 9:44 am  #2

Re: AM640's Greg Brady Returns Less Than A Week After Knee Surgery

I have had two meniscus surgeries on the same knee in the last 22 months. I'm still undergoing therapy. I will assume Greg is somewhat younger than me, I know I wasn't getting around too well after only a week out of my surgeries. Is he in studio or at home ? 

February 26, 2024 10:07 am  #3

Re: AM640's Greg Brady Returns Less Than A Week After Knee Surgery

You'd think he'd be broadcasting from home, but he said on his show Monday that the "45 minute drive" to the studio was tough on his leg, but he did it. So he was definitely at Corus Quay. (He also said he went limping through a supermarket on the weekend, so he was out and about before that.) I believe he's in his early 50s.