sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2024 12:09 pm  #1

Richard Southern absent from CityNews at 6

No appearances for nearly 3 weeks. Still on radio of course. Erica Natividad also seems to be reassigned (demoted?) doing reporter work, with Cynthia Mulligan roosting in the Anchor position the previous 2 days.
The clear connection here is the daily 'Interesting Stories' segment the two presented.

February 22, 2024 2:36 pm  #2

Re: Richard Southern absent from CityNews at 6

Anyone else missing? Or just Richard Southern?  https://toronto.citynews.ca/our-team/

FYI: Richard is no longer the Business news editor @ 5:25PM. 
The new Business news editor is Ari Rabinovitch. 

Hopefully Richard still has his job as Queens Park reporter. He is one of the best reasons to watch CityNews.
Very good at what he does.

Last edited by Radiowiz (February 22, 2024 2:49 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 22, 2024 3:01 pm  #3

Tina Yazdani has been doing the live hits from Queens Park previous 7 nights I've viewed. Southern still on radio CityNews 680.

February 22, 2024 4:38 pm  #4

Is this payback for pushing DoFo hard on the Ontario Services - Staples scam?

February 22, 2024 5:33 pm  #5

Richard Southern is still posting about DoFo's shit government policies on Twitter, including the latest about the growing Staples/Service Ontario debacle. Does Fordie boy have friends in charge of Rogers? That could be the reason why he's been muzzled and possibly made an example of.

February 22, 2024 6:23 pm  #6

of course he does...many

TomTV wrote:

Does Fordie boy have friends in charge of Rogers?

February 22, 2024 7:29 pm  #7

But TV is a business first. I am not buying any products advertised until I see the fully restored Richard Southern and I have no reason to tune in at 6:40 until he returns. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 22, 2024 7:33 pm  #8

Sure. It couldn't possibly be something as simple as he never wanted to do TV in the first place and is happy to be back on radio exclusively.

But go ahead: Ford conspiracy and boycotts it is!

February 23, 2024 4:01 pm  #9

Well there's probably someone on this forum who works at City and can just casually check as to why Ritchie mysteriously vanished from the airwaves and isn't doing his popular segment with Erica any more.

He got taken off the air shortly after his blistering story on the ServiceOntario owner who was a dedicated lifelong supporter of the PCs until they canned her business to give it to Staples. "I've stuck by them my whole life. I'm finally done."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWjDmio_GA

Now in defense of Rogers, they'd have pulled this story off their youtube channel if it really had caused a major fit with Fordie boy and he'd put pressure on Rogers to shut him up. The fact that it's still up there might suggest it wasn't the cause (or just getting Richard to stop going after Ford on air was enough to send a message).

At any rate, the dual Ritchie and Erica segments at 5:25 and 6:37pm were easily the highlights of the CityNews broadcast, any excuse to stop those was a stupid decision from someone up top.