sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2024 7:12 pm  #1

It's good to see Mike Wilner covering the Jays

I have to admit I lost track of Mike Wilner since the FAN cut ties and I didn't know where he went after that. He has his own web and social media presence as the Wilnernes, however on this video clip below, (he appears at 46 seconds in) you will see a serious looking Wilner with a mic in hand catching the media scrum with Bo Bichette today.

The good news is he is writing for the Toronto Star. I like when you hear or read comeback stories like this. It sucks getting fired, yet it is nice when you can discover new opportunities. I wish that for all of us in the media biz who have been handed a pink slip! 

Here is his post in the Star too.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/blue-jays/blue-jays-notebook-bo-bichette-on-doubters-and-the-challenge-ahead/article_c3b93fae-cf61-11ee-beb6-8749d90db6fe.html

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (February 21, 2024 7:14 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 21, 2024 8:49 pm  #2

Re: It's good to see Mike Wilner covering the Jays

He's actually been with the Star since shortly after he was let go from Rogers. He does a regular podcast for them called "Deep Left Field." I remember his final broadcast when he talked about being grateful he got to do his "dream job." While I'm sure it was painful getting cut loose from such a prestigious gig, how many of us get to say that?