sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2024 10:21 pm  #1

Aww, spring. Sportsnet to broadcast 26 Jays games this spring training

Nothing like baseball to watch as of next week, to get your mind off of winter and into warmer days, beer at the ballpark and cheap hot dogs on Tuesday nights.

Sportsnet has the baseball fan covered by airing 26 spring training games. Lot's of Jays action and in an ideal world by the start of the season, we are looking so good, that missing out on Otani and almost signing Robert Herjavec at the Toronto Airport last December is no big deal.

Here is the link to what is in store.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/sportsnet-to-broadcast-26-blue-jays-spring-training-games-ahead-of-2024-season/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 14, 2024 11:46 pm  #2

Re: Aww, spring. Sportsnet to broadcast 26 Jays games this spring training

Something kind of comforting when the Jays are back on TV for spring training.

February 15, 2024 12:27 am  #3

I don't know if it will happen this year or not, but there's nothing quite so odd as being outside shovelling your driveway from a huge dumping of snow, while listening via headphones to a baseball game being played. I've done it a lot over the years and it's a weird feeling.

Talk about a tale of two cities...

February 15, 2024 1:23 am  #4

I am a big radio baseball fan.  1310News in Ottawa is no more and I can't get any answers if one of other four Rogers stations will be carrying the games.  I have phoned 15 times and left messages.  If anyone has any insight could you please help.
Thanks!!!

February 15, 2024 2:19 am  #5

Ale Ont wrote:

I am a big radio baseball fan.  1310News in Ottawa is no more and I can't get any answers if one of other four Rogers stations will be carrying the games.  I have phoned 15 times and left messages.  If anyone has any insight could you please help.
Thanks!!!

I can’t imagine the Jays being put on an FM station in 2024.