sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2024 8:20 am  #1

Joni Mitchell To Perform For First Time Ever At The Grammys

In addition to all the modern day artists like Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa and more, the Grammys will have one Canadian veteran performing on stage for the very first time. Joni Mitchell is a music legend and has earned a nomination for her first album in ages - a performance at the Newport Folk Festival last year. 

Now she's also a surprise add to perform at the ceremony. Despite winning 9 awards over the years, she's never been asked to perform live on music's biggest night. That will change when the annual award ceremony is held next Sunday.

Joni Mitchell to perform at the Grammys for the first time, aged 80

January 29, 2024 2:41 pm  #2

Re: Joni Mitchell To Perform For First Time Ever At The Grammys

This woman is a national treasure.

January 29, 2024 3:32 pm  #3

Almost never hear Joni on the radio anymore.  Zoomer plays her but I don't recall hearing her on BOOM even though they still play 70's music.  Maybe 92.1 Lite FM still gives her a few spins?

January 29, 2024 3:50 pm  #4

Is she the oldest performer ever at the Grammys? Can't think of too many 80-year-olds that have ever performed on that stage.

January 30, 2024 9:15 am  #5

Tony Bennett? Might've been alongside Lady Gaga but still...

February 4, 2024 8:58 pm  #6

February 5, 2024 11:02 am  #7

paterson1 wrote:

Almost never hear Joni on the radio anymore.  Zoomer plays her but I don't recall hearing her on BOOM even though they still play 70's music.  Maybe 92.1 Lite FM still gives her a few spins?

In the GTA, Jazz FM 91 actually plays her quite a bit, truthfully Lite ain't so Lite anymore-they used to play her daily but now I think she's been dropped with the exception of that Counting Crows cover.