sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2024 10:41 pm  #1

Ailing Roy Green Hints He'd Opt For MAiD If It Comes To That

As many here know, Corus Radio talk show host Roy Green has Stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, a disease he's been battling for at least a year. On his Saturday show, he had a expert on MAiD - Medical Assistance in Dying - as a guest to talk about a recent government decision on the issue. 

Although he insists he's fine and able to work without many issues, he did use the occasion to hint that if things don't stay that way, it's an option he might well consider. At least that was my take away. Here's his exact words:

"I think about - not every day, not all the time and I'm feeling fine, I really feel fine - but I think about medical assistance in dying. And I've made my decision on it. If you listen to me at all, you can pretty well guess what my decision is."

As someone who's survived this disease, I know it's thankfully very, very slow to develop and it can often be treated and cured if you get to it in time. I was lucky, I'm not sure if being at stage 4, Mr. Green is as fortunate. It all depends on when it's diagnosed, how far it's spread and he openly admits he should have had tests sooner. 

His show is about the only talk worth listening to on weekends over the radio and my hope is he's going to be doing it for a long, long time to come. I wish him well. 

February 4, 2024 10:16 am  #2

Re: Ailing Roy Green Hints He'd Opt For MAiD If It Comes To That

RadioActive wrote:

As many here know, Corus Radio talk show host Roy Green has Stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, a disease he's been battling for at least a year. On his Saturday show, he had an expert on MAiD - Medical Assistance in Dying - as a guest to talk about a recent government decision on the issue. 

His show is about the only talk worth listening to on weekends over the radio and my hope is he's going to be doing it for a long, long time to come. I wish him well. 

I wish Roy Green all the best and agree with RA that Green’s show is indeed the only talk worth listening to on weekends and possibly the only none re-roll talk as well weekend wise. Godspeed Green.

February 4, 2024 10:37 am  #3

I would suggest also checking out CBC Radio's Cross Country Check-up on Sunday afternoons - https://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup

February 4, 2024 12:51 pm  #4

Roy is one of the hardest working people in radio I've ever met - I wish him nothing but the best.

Re: MAID - don't get me started. It either needs to be available for everybody or nobody.

February 4, 2024 4:41 pm  #5

There is nobody in Canada and on Canadian radio as good, entertaining or interesting as Roy Green. May he live a very long, healthy life.