sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2024 10:00 pm  #1

Is curling aging out?

January 29, 2024 10:57 pm  #2

Re: Is curling aging out?

From Spots Business Journal last summer.
"League-wide ratings in the age 25-54 demographic have “increased by 29 per cent year-over-year through Week 11.” Average game day revenue for the Toronto Argonauts, BC Lions and Montreal Alouettes is “up 26 per cent year-over-year through Week 10.” Viewership for games involving “at least one of these three teams is up 27 per cent in the 25-54 demographic” through Week 11."

January 29, 2024 11:07 pm  #3

Tomas Barlow wrote:

From Spots Business Journal last summer.
"League-wide ratings in the age 25-54 demographic have “increased by 29 per cent year-over-year through Week 11.” Average game day revenue for the Toronto Argonauts, BC Lions and Montreal Alouettes is “up 26 per cent year-over-year through Week 10.” Viewership for games involving “at least one of these three teams is up 27 per cent in the 25-54 demographic” through Week 11."

200 people showed up to the Argos Grey Cup parade. 

January 30, 2024 4:48 am  #4

Pickleball is the next big thing....

January 30, 2024 8:17 am  #5

The Star claimed 1000, and it was called a "rally", not a parade. Mayor John Tory skipped it in favour of a council meeting.

Geez, when I was a kid we used to go down to CNE stadium and the place was packed. And that was for a losing team.  AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOS!!

Sad story. And curling? I live 500m from a curling rink. Don't see a lot of cars in the parking lot these days.

But Rachel Homan still has beautiful eyes, so there's that.

January 30, 2024 9:19 am  #6

Guess it'll take more than Lululemon pants to draw a crowd. I enjoy watching curling but ten ends is just a little too much. Games could easily be decided in seven ends.

Last edited by Binson Echorec (January 30, 2024 9:21 am)