sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2024 1:53 pm  #1

FINANCIAL NEWS

After languishing for the past four (4) months as a penny stock, shares of Corus Entertainment which traded as low as fifty cents/share before Christmas have charged  back to plus $1.     

Some analysts credit quickly-growing interest in the Rust Valley Restorers program, a Corus production, for Corus' comeback

January 28, 2024 2:05 pm  #2

Re: FINANCIAL NEWS

January 28, 2024 2:24 pm  #3

They are still making money aren't they? I always wonder about Bell Media.  Never really hear if that division of BCE makes any profit.  I heard a few years back that TSN is reasonably profitable but the CTV network not.  Does radio make money?    

January 28, 2024 2:30 pm  #4

paterson1 wrote:

They are still making money aren't they?

Yes. But less every quarter, which is a big problem in you're not private.

paterson1 wrote:

=12pxI always wonder about Bell Media.  Never really hear if that division of BCE makes any profit.  I heard a few years back that TSN is reasonably profitable but the CTV network not.  Does radio make money?   

FM stations in bigger markets do. Things get messy pretty quickly after that.

January 28, 2024 2:42 pm  #5

What's Bell got to do with this (apologies to Tina T.)?

January 28, 2024 2:43 pm  #6

R-S-T-L-N-E wrote:

What's Bell got to do with this (apologies to Tina T.)?

They have a media division.

January 28, 2024 7:11 pm  #7

RadioAaron wrote:

Gotta love a dead cat bounce, a phenomenon also found in NHL hockey when the moribund team wins a couple of games after a new coach arrives.

January 28, 2024 7:34 pm  #8

The Corus "B" (cjr-b) shares on an intraday basis more closely resemble a cardio ward ECG strip than that of a stock ticker....