sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2024 10:14 am  #1

Mika Midolo No Longer At CP24

She's left the cable news station to concentrate on her pilates business.

In other news, Mika Midolo has a pilates business. She says she learned about the fitness regime because of the demands of early morning radio and TV.

"I was waking up at 3am, Monday to Friday, and it was taking a toll on me. I needed to keep both my body and mind in balance, and I found the answer in Pilates."

Either way, it was a pretty good run. She'd been with the station for 15 years.

January 4, 2024 3:30 pm  #2

Re: Mika Midolo No Longer At CP24

Think she was with Skywords traffic before that?  Never met her though was told she was super nice person.

January 4, 2024 5:31 pm  #3

pinto wrote:

Think she was with Skywords traffic before that?  Never met her though was told she was super nice person.

She started as a spokesperson with the TTC and then moved to CP24.   She even did PA announcements on the subway system.  I remember her giving reports from there and there's a bio on her too that expands on it.

it's good to hear she's doing well after her fight with cancer.  

Last edited by SpinningWheel (January 4, 2024 5:33 pm)

January 4, 2024 6:48 pm  #4

I've seen too many people in this business get shown the door so these days I always applaud somebody who leaves the industry under their own steam. Good on Mika.

January 4, 2024 9:33 pm  #5

SpinningWheel wrote:

She started as a spokesperson with the TTC and then moved to CP24.      

That's a bit unique isn't it?

Usually it's the other way around moving off from a media position to be a spokesperson for the Post Office - the School Board - the TTC etc. etc.

Didn't they bring Mika back last year after the departure of Patricia Jaggernauth?