sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2023 8:11 am  #1

A SOWNY Christmas Wish

Just a short note on what is bound to be a slow day on the board to say thanks to all the posters who keep this place alive. It's appreciated more than you can know. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and let me be the first to wish you a Happy New Year - 2026! (See, that HAS to be the first!)

December 25, 2023 8:21 am  #2

Re: A SOWNY Christmas Wish

December 25, 2023 8:38 am  #3

Merry Xmas RA .. your efforts are appreciated : )) .. 

At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe. (Polar Express) .. Merry Christmas to all.

December 25, 2023 9:57 am  #4

Happy day to everyone. 

December 25, 2023 10:39 am  #5

Not sure of the origin of this, but a radio friend in Wisconsin just sent it to me. Sadly, I don't have one of his skylines to send back!

December 25, 2023 11:05 am  #6

All the best of the season to you and thank you for doing such a terrific job with the board. 
Happy 2024! 

December 25, 2023 12:07 pm  #7

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday everyone.  Hoping that 2024 will see us all at peace, in good health, happy, prosperous and with love.  Thanks to RA and everybody who keeps SOWNY so much fun and a worthwhile place to spend some time discussing, debating, sharing and learning.  

December 25, 2023 12:43 pm  #8

Wow, what a line-up of great on-air talent. From 1963:

December 25, 2023 8:17 pm  #9

https://youtu.be/8VFPh8ZUUuI?si=vSi8RMhJMAAVuOVr

Came across the Christmas episode for season 2 of WKRP In Cincinnati, it's a pretty good story and nice to see the gang goof around together again.

Thanks for everything over the past year RA, Merry Christmas to everyone, a Merry Messy Christmas to Black Adder fans and if Tiny Tim could post a holiday wish in the spirit of the big yellow board methinks he might say "God bless us every pun."

Last edited by betaylored (December 25, 2023 8:19 pm)

December 25, 2023 9:21 pm  #11

betaylored wrote:

If Tiny Tim could post a holiday wish in the spirit of the big yellow board methinks he might say "God bless us every pun."

If I were casting Tiny Tim in the role, as a former Laugh-In fan, here's who I would have used:

December 25, 2023 10:26 pm  #12

betaylored wrote:

https://youtu.be/8VFPh8ZUUuI?si=vSi8RMhJMAAVuOVr

Came across the Christmas episode for season 2 of WKRP In Cincinnati, it's a pretty good story and nice to see the gang goof around together again.

I want one of these!

December 25, 2023 10:48 pm  #13

As a confirmed winter hater, I'll leave the waning moments of the holiday with this:

December 26, 2023 1:02 am  #14

One more, better late than never - and sadly, way too true.

December 26, 2023 7:01 am  #15

Happy New Year to all!  Wishing you health, happiness and lots of laughter in 2024!  What a great site and thank you RA!

December 26, 2023 11:06 am  #16

Pretty busy board for Christmas Day! Thanks RA for all you do here, appreciated!

December 26, 2023 11:16 pm  #17

HAPPY HOLIDAYS RA!!!