sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2023 8:09 am  #1

CHFI's "Swing Announcer" Job Posting Contains Some Intriguing Extras

It's not often a station as successful as CHFI has an opening for an announcer, but a swing shift has apparently opened up there. And in its ad for the job, there are a few intriguing extras. No salary is listed, but the successful applicant should:

"Host, operate and produce live shows on 98.1 CHFI – Toronto with the possibility to host national shows."

National shows. I wasn't aware CHFI did any of those. I don't listen to the station - do they currently have anything that fits that category? 

And then at the end of the post, there's this in the section titled "What you can expect in return:"

"50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets."

I suppose that makes sense. Is that available to all Rogers employees? It's interesting that they list that as a perk.

Swing Announcer – 98.1 CHFI Job Posting

December 20, 2023 8:21 am  #2

Re: CHFI's "Swing Announcer" Job Posting Contains Some Intriguing Extras

It's just "the possibility".  Is their contract with John Tesh coming to an end? They might need a local Canadian "National voice" to fill the void.  

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 20, 2023 10:08 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

INational shows. I wasn't aware CHFI did any of those. I don't listen to the station - do they currently have anything that fits that category? 

"Host National Shows" is just code for "VT multiple markets"

CHFI's weekend morning show is recorded in Kitchener and heard in multiple markets. Midday host Michelle Butterly is heard in other markets.

RadioActive wrote:

I=12pxI suppose that makes sense. Is that available to all Rogers employees? It's interesting that they list that as a perk.

Yes.

December 20, 2023 10:19 am  #4

I remember working with people who left RB for Rogers.  When I asked how they were enjoying it, someone would say,"Hey John, I got a big chunk taken off my cable bill for starters.  Yes there are perks working for Rogers.

December 20, 2023 10:24 am  #5

It's a pretty good perk considering how much it's possible to spend on phone/internet/TV.

It's a no-BS perk too; not restricted to certain plans or whatever. 

December 20, 2023 10:31 am  #6

Taxable benefit?

December 20, 2023 12:14 pm  #7

Dial Twister wrote:

Taxable benefit?

Nope.

December 20, 2023 12:41 pm  #8

RadioAaron wrote:

Dial Twister wrote:

Taxable benefit?

Nope.

As soon as someone "drops a dime", it will be.

December 20, 2023 2:03 pm  #9

I believe that's Darryl Henry's old position. He assured me he retired and was not let go, saying he felt it as time to leave radio.