sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2023 6:27 pm  #1

Has Anyone Listened To Tarzan Dan On BOOM?

I was just looking at the Buffalo Radio Discussions site and one recent thread has quite a bit about Canadian radio.  ckg279 who also is a regular on SOWNY, mentioned about Tarzan Dan Freeman back on Toronto radio weekends on BOOM.  I thought for some reason he was starting in the New Year.  Has anyone listened to him yet, and how does he sound?  Dan was one of the greats from CFTR and so many other stations.  Tarzan is recording the show out west. It is so great to have him back on the air in Toronto.  He is still heard in Calgary on Stingray outlet XL 103.  He had been on Calgary's Q107 for years but left after the rocker flipped to a talk format. 

December 19, 2023 9:06 am  #2

Re: Has Anyone Listened To Tarzan Dan On BOOM?

I've listened to him on Boom since his first day.  I had listened to him on XL103 when he was filling in for someone.  I still have cassette tapes with him from his days on AM640 and he still sounds good...slowing down a bit, but then aren't we all? People are always calling in saying how surprised they are to hear him and glad he's back.  A down-to-earth guy.

December 19, 2023 1:08 pm  #3

Heard him the other Saturday - still sounds like the old AM640 days - a great fit for Boom. 

December 24, 2023 12:26 pm  #4

Just listening to Tarzan Dan now.  Didn't know he was on in the morning, I thought he would have been weekend afternoons.  Interesting some of the comments from listeners calling/texting in who remember him from his CFTR and 640 days.  That was a long time ago. 

One small criticism would be the music needs to be louder under Dan when he is introing a song.  You can hardly hear the music at all.  Part of his appeal was how well he worked with the music. Even though understandably his style has mellowed, Dan shines when he is live (and he is) and cookin' with the tunes. 

Welcome back Tarzan Dan!