sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2023 11:41 am  #1

A Tip for NordVPN Users

I know there's a few VPN users posting here and some may use NordVPN.     I've had headaches with Cineplex.com, TuneIn and a few others not working that were only solved by killing the NordVPN app in Windows 10 Task Manager, not pausing it or turning it off.     Nobody at Nord, Cineplex or TuneIn seemed to know what to do about it, but today I discovered that by disabling their new Website Protection feature, everything works fine.   That feature's default is set to 'On' and it breaks some innocuous websites.   Now they all work fine even with the VPN turned on!

I hope this helps someone because I spent hours messing with it and contacting tech supports out my yin yang!

Last edited by SpinningWheel (December 16, 2023 11:41 am)

December 16, 2023 12:19 pm  #2

Re: A Tip for NordVPN Users

Thanks for the tip

I have had a few similar issues

December 16, 2023 6:47 pm  #3

Now if they could just get a fix for the BBC iPlayer. That rejects any VPN connections and of course, if you're not in Britain, you can't watch anything. I've written Nord about this several times, but so far, no solution.

December 16, 2023 7:51 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

Now if they could just get a fix for the BBC iPlayer. That rejects any VPN connections and of course, if you're not in Britain, you can't watch anything. I've written Nord about this several times, but so far, no solution.

That's weird, because from where I am in the US, I have had no problems at all using it to access iPlayer.

December 16, 2023 8:11 pm  #5

Maybe a dumb question, but is your VPN set to Great Britain? It doesn't work for me.