sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2023 1:02 pm  #1

Under The Influence Confirms New Season Start Date

The CBC Radio marketing and advertising show featuring industry vet Terry O'Reilly has been on reruns since just before the summer. This year, unlike in past seasons, CBC kept the program on in repeats instead of replacing it with something else. 

Now O'Reilly has confirmed the date of new episodes - January 4th. 

The show is one of my few radio "must hears," although I started to wonder if they were running out of good ideas last season. I'll be curious what they come up with in 2024. The show will remain in its current time slots - Thursday morning at 11:30 AM, with a replay on Saturday at the same time. 

December 13, 2023 1:37 pm  #2

Re: Under The Influence Confirms New Season Start Date

According to the show's page on the CBC site, here a few of the topics they'll cover this season:

"We'll look at why some ads are so bad they're good, why certain brands disappear and products millennials are no longer buying."

December 13, 2023 10:32 pm  #3

Having worked with Terry O'Reilly at Pirate Radio & Television and other projects outside of Pirate, I have absolutely no doubt he'll be able to come with another season of fascinating radio topics. 

January 3, 2024 2:26 pm  #4

A reminder for fans of this show that the new season starts Thursday at 11:30 AM. It's been a while and I'll be curious what they've come up with after all these years on air. It repeats on Saturday at the same time, but the podcast of it will not go online until then.