sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2023 1:57 pm  #1

CTV Names Sandie Rinaldo's Weekend Replacement

She's been doing it since Rinaldo went to the network's 5:30 PM national newscast, but now Heather Butts will be the face viewers see on CTV's National News at 11 PM weekends. She's been with the network since 2020 after a stint at Global.

Heather Butts named CTV National News weekend anchor

December 12, 2023 6:01 pm  #2

Re: CTV Names Sandie Rinaldo's Weekend Replacement

Ms Butts was also an on air reporter and anchor for CTV2 Barrie before Global. 

December 12, 2023 6:56 pm  #3

If I’m not mistaken she reported for CKWS Kingston from 2012-14. CKWS at the time was a Corus-owned CBC affiliate.

December 12, 2023 7:35 pm  #4

MJ Vancouver wrote:

If I’m not mistaken she reported for CKWS Kingston from 2012-14. CKWS at the time was a Corus-owned CBC affiliate.

I didn't even realize CBC had affiliates that recently. I thought they ended those arrangements back in the late 80s and early 90s.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

December 12, 2023 9:03 pm  #5

turkeytop wrote:

MJ Vancouver wrote:

I didn't even realize CBC had affiliates that recently. I thought they ended those arrangements back in the late 80s and early 90s.

CHEX Peterborough was also a CBC affiliate until 2015.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

December 12, 2023 9:08 pm  #6

I lived up in the Owen Sound area when CKNX TV was still an affiliate. CBC ended that affiliation and put two UHF transmitters on the air. I don't know if those transmitteres are still on, or if they shut them down when digital was mandated.

December 12, 2023 10:12 pm  #7

turkeytop wrote:

I lived up in the Owen Sound area when CKNX TV was still an affiliate. CBC ended that affiliation and put two UHF transmitters on the air. I don't know if those transmitteres are still on, or if they shut them down when digital was mandated.

I think I remember the day CKNX TV shut down. Also did you know that Scott Miller the CTV London reporter that covers stories for Midwestern Ontario? He worked for CKNX TV and still is based out of Wingham today. So at least residents still get local TV news coverage for Midwestern Ontario from CFPL's newscasts.

December 12, 2023 10:48 pm  #8

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

turkeytop wrote:

I think I remember the day CKNX TV shut down. Also did you know that Scott Miller the CTV London reporter that covers stories for Midwestern Ontario? He worked for CKNX TV and still is based out of Wingham today. So at least residents still get local TV news coverage for Midwestern Ontario from CFPL's newscasts.

And does CBC TV still operate transmitters up there?