sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2023 6:31 pm  #1

Mike Stafford Update

Mike Stafford visited me yesterday, a little over six months after his last visit, to update us on:
- the status of his legal action against Corus
- his current living arrangements
- his family's physical health
- his mental health

Here's our chat from yesterday: https://www.torontomike.com/2023/11/mike-stafford-toronto-miked-podcast-episode-1373/

November 27, 2023 8:59 am  #2

Re: Mike Stafford Update

I listened intently to that whole podcast, Mike. Very well done, but it's quite a sobering & humbling account of where he's at with his life & that of his poor wife, Jody.

I'm honestly thinking of extending to him a kind note & maybe an E-transfer of what I can afford to help out. I think he said his email was michael.stafford@bell.net ?

His account of what caused him to be fired with cause from AM 640 was hard to take, but definitely a result of what can be written into work contracts that comprises all your social media - personal & otherwise. I can also see how just a tweak of that offending (then deleted) tweet that did him in would have still got the message across & I would have understood his exact intent either way. He was pointing his finger directly at DoFo & trying to highlight how Doug was inevitably, very ineptly going to offend one of the Asian sub-groups living in Canada. To me, that was the intention.

I miss his pipes for sure - even when I would listen in from Montreal online & I loved his rapport with Supriya & I forget who filled in when she was off pregnant, but both had great chemistry. When the "On-Air" light comes on, even in your basement studio to record the podcast, Mike, you can hear the soothing, morning voice that would always welcome you in the Toronto area.

But the sad, underlying truth of how dire his situation had become was smoothed over a bit in your podcast with his professional voice & extensive lexicon, but even if he does manage to win some kind of severance, I fear that might push his living arrangements for maybe 2-6 months &/or pay down some debts & lawyers fees & that's it. But holy moly, the eviction from his rental home had to have been worse than he's saying in terms of how badly desperate things were.

Good follow-up interview though, Mike. I'm glad to know he sounds good & quasi-optimistic, but I'm worried like you said you were too.

November 27, 2023 9:42 am  #3

Re: Mike Stafford Update

Montreal Radio wrote:

I'm honestly thinking of extending to him a kind note & maybe an E-transfer of what I can afford to help out. I think he said his email was michael.stafford@bell.net ? 

Yes, he's michael.stafford@bell.net.

Last edited by torontomike (November 27, 2023 9:43 am)