sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2023 8:43 am  #1

Is This Week's Morning Newscaster On CFRB The Permanent Choice?

His name is Stuart McGinn, and whether he's the permanent new morning newscaster or just part of the revolving door at NT1010, he's been on Moore in the Morning all this week. And if you've heard his voice before, it's beause he's been around Ontario radio for a while. 

His past resume includes anchor/reporter at the now defunct CityNews 1310 in Ottawa, some time spent at its sister CFTR (aka CityNews 680) for three years, and another year at CityNews 570 in Kitchener, leading to his current position. 

'RB has had a series of rotating newscasters in the all important morning news run since Ashley Legassic left earlier this fall. Now McGinn's Linked-In page lists him as "CFRB Morning News Anchor" since November 2023, in other words this month. Is that a permanent thing or just a part-time gig? Time, as they say, will tell. 

November 16, 2023 10:31 am  #2

Re: Is This Week's Morning Newscaster On CFRB The Permanent Choice?

his work as editor at narcity suggests he should be good at coming up with fantasy news stories for clicks.

November 23, 2023 8:26 am  #3

Broadcast Dialogue confirms Stuart McGinn is the new morning drive news anchor. It's about time they found one!

November 23, 2023 9:34 am  #4

ToRon wrote:

his work as editor at narcity suggests he should be good at coming up with fantasy news stories for clicks.

He's from Narcity?   Good grief.  IMO of all the crappy local news sites in the GTA, they are by far the worst!

Their ability to come up with a click-bait subject line and then fill in the details with empty headed gibberish is unparalleled.      I blocked them from my Google News feed years-ago.

Let's hope it works out.   I wish him luck.

Last edited by SpinningWheel (November 23, 2023 9:36 am)

November 23, 2023 11:07 am  #5

SpinningWheel wrote:

ToRon wrote:

He's from Narcity?   Good grief.  IMO of all the crappy local news sites in the GTA, they are by far the worst!

Their ability to come up with a click-bait subject line and then fill in the details with empty headed gibberish is unparalleled.      I blocked them from my Google News feed years-ago.

Let's hope it works out.   I wish him luck.

For less than a year. I'd hate to have my entire skillset judged on a single job.

I'd say the three years anchoring at Canada's top-rated news station counts for more.

November 23, 2023 11:13 am  #6

Having heard him for the past few weeks, the guy seems to have the goods. And the station definitely needs a consistent voice on the morning news run. Hopefully, he's a keeper.

November 24, 2023 8:01 am  #7

Why worry about a 1% (and falling) share station???