sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2023 10:50 pm  #1

Paramount Network Canada will be discontinued on Dec 31 2023

According to another fourm that I was broswing on. They said that Paramount network will be discontinued on Dec 31st. It said: "We have been notified by Viacom International that they are discontinuing the channel Paramount Network. This will take place December 31, 2023". If anyone has that channel it will be removed from the TV packages on your TV provider. In August of this year Paramount Network was removed from Shaw Direct this year along with BET. So will this happen to other providers like Bell, Rogers and other local TV providers? We will have to see.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/paramount-network-canada-discontinued-december-31-2023.295206/

November 21, 2023 10:54 pm  #2

Re: Paramount Network Canada will be discontinued on Dec 31 2023

Nooooo!!!!

Where will I get my bar rescue fix

November 21, 2023 11:43 pm  #3

Wasn't this the channel that replaced SPIKE TV?  When I had the Paramount Network years ago, they never played any commercials.  Only promo after promo for Bar Rescue, and some tattoo show.  Looking at their current schedule doesn't look like it has changed much. 

November 21, 2023 11:43 pm  #4

Just replace it with Paramount USA already!!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 21, 2023 11:47 pm  #5

paterson1 wrote:

Wasn't this the channel that replaced SPIKE TV?  When I had the Paramount Network years ago, they never played any commercials. 

Yes.

I think the Canadian version was just collecting cable fees, and never attempted to sell ads.

November 21, 2023 11:48 pm  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

Just replace it with Paramount USA already!!

That is now possible.

November 22, 2023 12:00 am  #7

Maybe they will do that but the US network doesn't have many shows either. Still way too much Bar Rescue and Ink Master.  This network also closed their channel in the UK and Australia last year.  Not to be confused with Paramount Plus which is the on demand subscription streaming service and is available here. 

Last edited by paterson1 (November 22, 2023 12:01 am)

November 22, 2023 12:10 am  #8

Kind of rare for a secondary cable network to have two popular original shows like that these days. Guess they've leaned in to them as their own franchises with the cable network just there to support them.

November 22, 2023 12:53 am  #9

Mr magoogain wrote:

Nooooo!!!!

Where will I get my bar rescue fix

Same with my mom. She loves watching Jon Taffer.

November 22, 2023 12:56 am  #10

paterson1 wrote:

Wasn't this the channel that replaced SPIKE TV?  When I had the Paramount Network years ago, they never played any commercials.  Only promo after promo for Bar Rescue, and some tattoo show.  Looking at their current schedule doesn't look like it has changed much. 

Yes. The only thing that bothers me with this channel is that they air the same promos for Bar Rescue, Ink Master and the show with the woman entering a home with the cat scaring her.

November 22, 2023 1:04 am  #11

This is a similar move of like what Disney did to their channels in the UK, Europe, Australia and Asia asking people to sign up for Disney+ to continue enjoying the shows they love. Surprised that the Disney channels are still on the air here in Canada and in the US. Maybe the shows that aired on Paramount Network will be exculsive to Paramount+? We will have to wait and see.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (November 22, 2023 1:09 am)