sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2023 3:28 pm  #1

CBC Radio & TV Personalities From A-Z

Ever wanted to see what your favourite CBC Radio or TV person looks like or check their experience in the biz? Turns out the Corp. has a complete alphabetical list of almost every one of their on-air talents. And whether they're in Toronto or in some small market, you'll probably find them here. For example, here's CBC at Six news anchor Dwight Drummond.

CBC Personalities A-Z

October 29, 2023 4:44 pm  #2

Re: CBC Radio & TV Personalities From A-Z

In these times in which we're living, I wonder how wise it is for a Corporation to be posting photos of its employees online.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

October 29, 2023 4:50 pm  #3

turkeytop wrote:

In these times in which we're living, I wonder how wise it is for a Corporation to be posting photos of its employees online.

I don't disagree, but what a sad commentary on where the World is.

October 29, 2023 4:59 pm  #4

Interesting that they have Rita Celli listed as host of "Ontario Today".

It's been a long time - two+ years perhaps - since she's been on-air.

Presumably she's not coming back as the current host, Amanda Pfeffer, doesn't introduce herself as "sitting in for Rita Celli" as the people subbing for Gill Deacon on "Here and Now" do, as she deals with long-covid.

RadioActive wrote:

Ever wanted to see what your favourite CBC Radio or TV person looks like or check their experience in the biz? Turns out the Corp. has a complete alphabetical list of almost every one of their on-air talents. And whether they're in Toronto or in some small market, you'll probably find them here. For example, here's CBC at Six news anchor Dwight Drummond.

CBC Personalities A-Z

October 29, 2023 9:35 pm  #5

Also interesting is that the info on my car radio display still says “Ontario Today with Rita Celli”. I’ve always been curious to know how that information is transmitted - it must be in the signal somehow?

October 30, 2023 1:07 am  #6

This definitely hasn’t been updated for awhile.

For example, Terry Milewski is still listed as CBC’s senior Ottawa correspondent. And, they still list Don Cherry as part of HNIC.

https://www.cbc.ca/programguide/personality/don_cherry

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (October 30, 2023 1:07 am)