sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2023 10:13 am  #1

Camilla Scott

Can anyone tell me about Camilla Scott?

She once upon a time had an afternoon talk show on CTV - late 90's - that garnered the most unflattering reviews. In fact there is one quote from a Globe and Mail critic that couldn't be any more negative. It's brutal.

Anyone work with her? 

And while I'm here not one word on the Bank of Canada rate increase (there was no increase) on Newstalk1010 10 a.m. newscast this morning.
Couldn't they have provided a couple of lines letting listeners know?

Not good

October 25, 2023 10:48 am  #2

Re: Camilla Scott

She's 61 years old now. 4 years off of being a senior. 
Her Linked in profile mentions "Owner, Arbonne International"  
This link does not work. You'll have to google it yourself.

a.linkedin.com/in/camilla-scott-b43b5722?challengeId=AQFEb3hXzXsoUwAAAYtnS6jaD7i2aVGyr94zz8awE5gztHHVh0o6_UhL72NeKdrFBcV1GMnE2uHhridDBAFvS7JXsbT84Kc10w&submissionId=345dab25-ea60-9117-94b1-40e9be2e832b&challengeSource=AgGEipZ54IV_9gAAAYtnTOP42uD392la8BYZ_bIbFhrMemHPEnyy7f32ri-owLU&challegeType=AgEYpOThQq6oxAAAAYtnTOP7VoEr8TICBaAlrdSbuSFP9x5XpHUeW2c&memberId=AgFh6qadm0XvDQAAAYtnTOP9tMl9z0-ugyU9Dg78AXxYPGI&recognizeDevice=AgEKUPB7qlwdGwAAAYtnTOQAbHFpISUfvDbXxL_aXwp457Flv5in

Last edited by Radiowiz (October 30, 2023 2:01 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 25, 2023 11:53 am  #3

My husband and I got her autograph on the sidewalk outside the, um…Winter Garden Theatre, possibly? Many years ago, when she was appearing in We Will Rock You.

I also remember when she appeared on Due South as an RCMP inspector.

Most importantly, though, she voiced Mama Bear on the Berenstain Bears animated series! 😄

October 25, 2023 12:12 pm  #4

Her show wasn't bad, per se, at least compared to the majority of Canadian produced talk shows of the same period. CTV tried to position her as a Canadian alternative to Ricki Lake, who had a popular U.S. TV chat show at the time. However, after a season of lifestyle and celebrity news, the show drifted into teen soap opera territory and became an advice show with high school kids bussed in from around Toronto to fill out the audience. They had to resort to DVD giveaways to lure people in to watch and participate. I knew a few folks who got their start in TV production there and went on to other things.

October 26, 2023 11:09 pm  #5

She has done a lot of theatre, including the lead role in the Canadian production of Mamma Mia!  I had a friend who went to a taping of her show and said she was really warm and friendly to the audience.

October 27, 2023 7:50 am  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

Her Linked in profile mentions that she is heavily involved with Airborne international.

Just a correction to this statement, as "Airborne International" as you wrote it implies (to me anyway - was my assumption!) she might be doing communications/PR for some sort of airline, vacation, etc. firm.

She's actually involved with "Arbonne International" which is a multi-level marketing firm doing skin cream, cosmetics, nutrition, etc. Her Instagram is at https://www.instagram.com/camillaeves/?hl=en .

October 30, 2023 2:03 am  #7

AspectRatio wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Her Linked in profile mentions that she is heavily involved with Airborne international.

Just a correction to this statement, as "Airborne International" as you wrote it implies (to me anyway - was my assumption!) she might be doing communications/PR for some sort of airline, vacation, etc. firm.

She's actually involved with "Arbonne International" which is a multi-level marketing firm doing skin cream, cosmetics, nutrition, etc. Her Instagram is at https://www.instagram.com/camillaeves/?hl=en .

Thank-you for the correction.
I have corrected and bolded the correct name above.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.