sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2023 7:24 am  #1

Marianne Dimain Leaves Global After 13 Years

She's been a fixture as both a reporter, morning show contributor and fill-in anchor on Global Toronto and when needed, even appeared on AM 640. Marianne Dimain, who also worked at CityNews, has left the network. She said a tearful goodbye to viewers on Friday. 

This article is actually from Thailand, and is very poorly written (which just could be the result of bad translation) but it doesn't indicate where she might be going next or why she left. 

I've worked with Marianne in my distant past, and she was always a really nice lady, as well as being a good reporter. But I have to admit I'm disappointed they didn't play "So Long Marianne" at the end of the show!

You can watch her farewell on their morning show here. 

October 22, 2023 8:06 am  #2

Re: Marianne Dimain Leaves Global After 13 Years

I always enjoyed watching Marianne.  She seemed like a lovely person.  Whatever her next road she is to travel, I wish her all the best!

October 22, 2023 4:32 pm  #3

Re: Marianne Dimain Leaves Global After 13 Years

She did a live shoot during the morning show many years ago where she danced on a set of giant piano keys just like in the movie "Big".  I laughed, always did enjoy her work since then. Wish her well on her new career direction.