sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2023 11:14 am  #1

Pluto TV Canada Adds New Channels

A bit late on this one, but earlier this week, Corus-owned streaming service PlutoTV Canada launched a host of new free channels on its platform. Programming includes offerings from former U.S.-only cable outlets, like MTV (Jersey Shore) and Comedy Central (Chapelle's Show or Beavis & Butthead) and others. 

They've also added some longtime favourites, including Star Trek: The Next Generation as well as the original Star Trek series from 1966. And with all the talk about Frasier recently, the original series is run on a 24-hour live stream on the platform.

More details about what's available here. 

New on PlutoTV

October 19, 2023 1:28 pm  #2

Re: Pluto TV Canada Adds New Channels

A recent study says that 1 in 6 Canadians, or just under 17% have ever tuned in any of the FAST channels like Pluto.  The most established and oldest is Roku and they were the most popular.  Details from Broadcast Dialogue..
https://broadcastdialogue.com/one-in-six-canadians-has-tuned-into-a-fast-channel-says-new-mtm-report/

October 19, 2023 2:05 pm  #3

I watch Tubi more than Prime, dropped Netflix and will tune in Pluto as well as Plex.  I have OTA no cable.

Last edited by pinto (October 19, 2023 2:28 pm)

October 19, 2023 7:06 pm  #4

I've watched Pluto TV a bit and quite enjoy it. I've heard that they don't air every episode of a given series and you tend to see the same 20 or 30 episodes over and over again. Do others find this?

October 19, 2023 7:54 pm  #5

Four episodes of Star Trek will not cut it. 

October 19, 2023 8:37 pm  #6

TheWiz wrote:

I've watched Pluto TV a bit and quite enjoy it. I've heard that they don't air every episode of a given series and you tend to see the same 20 or 30 episodes over and over again. Do others find this?

I have noticed that while they do have a fairly large collection of shows on demand, many of them feature only 1 or 2 seasons. I don't watch the live channels quite as much.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

October 20, 2023 6:45 am  #7

Just to clarify.. Corus does not own Pluto, Paramount does.  I believe Corus has ad insertion in Canada

October 20, 2023 8:57 am  #8

According to wiki, Corus handles the marketing and advertising for Pluto in Canada, and provides some of the content.