sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2023 7:19 pm  #1

Three's Company Star Suzanne Somers Passes

The former Three's Company co-star, who was fired when she asked for equal pay, helped usher in the era of what critics called "jiggle television." She later starred in Step by Step and made a small fortune advocating for the thigh master. 

She was married to Canadian talk show host Alan Hamel, who survives her, and passed away from breast cancer one day before her 77th birthday. 

Suzanne Somers, ‘Three’s Company’ and ‘Step by Step’ Star, Dies at 76

October 15, 2023 10:45 pm  #2

Re: Three's Company Star Suzanne Somers Passes

Or as Virgin Radio Toronto put it on social media, "Suzanna somersault has past away at the age of 76."

I'm not kidding.  A friend texted it to me about an hour after it was posted.  It was corrected a short time later.

October 16, 2023 1:47 pm  #3

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Or as Virgin Radio Toronto put it on social media, "Suzanna somersault has past away at the age of 76."

I'm not kidding.  A friend texted it to me about an hour after it was posted.  It was corrected a short time later.

I saw that too!  Had to do the Google to verify it was true. 

October 16, 2023 2:09 pm  #4

DaCosta wrote:

I saw that too!  Had to do the Google to verify it was true. 

I tried the google search unsuccessfuly. What do I type in?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

October 16, 2023 2:37 pm  #5

Husband Al Hamel was the host of a show that featured classical music shorts on Windsor's CBE from 1955 to 1960 and also was a co-host (along with Michele Finney) of CBC-TV's Razzle Dazzle. 

October 16, 2023 2:45 pm  #6

WindsorWatcher wrote:

Husband Al Hamel was the host of a show that featured classical music shorts on Windsor's CBE from 1955 to 1960 and also was a co-host (along with Michele Finney) of CBC-TV's Razzle Dazzle.