sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2023 1:25 pm  #1

89.3 Rewind goes dead for approx. 20 minutes.

I know this is a Southern Ontario forum but an odd thing happened on NS's 89.3 Rewind around 11:40 this morning.  The song playing at the time was Chilliwack's "Watcha Gonna Do When I'm Gone".  About halfway through the song the air went dead.  I was running errands so when I got back in the car the station was still silent.  However, the playlist on their website indicated that the next 2 songs were to have been "Another One Bites The Dust" and "The Best is Yet To Come".  More running errands and I was back in the car at about 12:15 pm.  New host and music had resumed.  I couldn't help but think that the morning DJ may have been fired and was giving the big kiss-off to his bosses during his last shift.  Or it could have just been a glitch with some very coincidental music choices. Any insight? 

October 6, 2023 1:35 pm  #2

Re: 89.3 Rewind goes dead for approx. 20 minutes.

That shift is tracked from Toronto and those songs played at that same time on Boom here...so glitch for the dead-air and coincidence for the songs.

October 6, 2023 2:01 pm  #3

Thanks!

October 6, 2023 2:11 pm  #4

DaCosta wrote:

The song playing at the time was Chilliwack's "Watcha Gonna Do When I'm Gone".  About halfway through the song the air went dead.   the next 2 songs were to have been "Another One Bites The Dust" and "The Best is Yet To Come".  More running errands and I was back in the car at about 12:15 pm.  New host and music had resumed.  I couldn't help but think that the morning DJ may have been fired and was giving the big kiss-off to his bosses during his last shift.

Wow the only one they missed was Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye!