sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2023 2:15 pm  #1

AM 640 Officially Welcomes Veteran Voices To Its Morning Show

Another Bendixen move that's similar to RB's morning roster of rotating guests at 6:20 and 6:50 AM.

Steve Paikin and Ben Mulroney have now been confirmed as regular contributors to AM 640's morning show with Greg Brady. A host of former Toronto mayoral candidates are also on the list, with designated segments of airtime during the week: Former police chief Mark Saunders, newspaper columnist Anthony Furey and ex-city councillor Ana Bailão have also joined the crew.

(Maybe they should change the name of the show from Toronto Today to The Brady Bunch. After all, it IS Greg Brady! Perhaps they can add someone named "Marcia" to the program, too!)

More from Broadcast Dialogue

October 5, 2023 2:27 pm  #2

Re: AM 640 Officially Welcomes Veteran Voices To Its Morning Show

I understand Mr Mulroney will fill in for Oakley on Friday.

October 5, 2023 3:03 pm  #3

67GreenRambler wrote:

Canada's oldest Nepo Baby?

October 6, 2023 6:01 pm  #4

67GreenRambler wrote:

And he'll also be filling in for Maggie John on the weekend morning show both Saturday and Sunday. 

October 6, 2023 6:04 pm  #5

Hammy wrote:

67GreenRambler wrote:

Canada's oldest Nepo Baby?

Off by 4 years.

October 7, 2023 9:00 am  #6

RadioActive wrote:

67GreenRambler wrote:

And he'll also be filling in for Maggie John on the weekend morning show both Saturday and Sunday. 

Listening to 640 Saturday morning, is this just a repeat of Mulroney's fill-in for Oakley?  So far, it is word for word the same as Friday's Turkey talk-fest.  I haven't heard one thing that I didn't hear yesterday about stuffing, deep-frying and the like.  Click.

October 7, 2023 10:08 am  #7

Ben talks pretty fast and quite animated on air. Was he covering some similar Thanksgiving topics?  I heard him mention that it was an honour filling in for John Oakley Friday afternoon and he did make reference to "this morning" various times during his banter when I was listening and also did morning time checks.  So at least it sounded live.