sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2023 9:24 am  #1

CNN Copy Story Gets JFK Assassination Date Wrong

Hard to believe this could end up on a copy story on CNN's webpage.  The story has to do with some new information on President Kennedy's assassination on Nov 22, 1963.  Quoting a gentleman who edits a substack newsletter called JFK facts.  The writer, Jefferson Morley is quoted in the article with the following.  Note this may show up as corrected eventually but right now the mistake is glaring... 

There are differing positions on what to make of Landis’ memoir 

Jefferson Morley edits a substack newsletter, JFK Facts, that pushes for more transparency in the official record on the Kennedy assassination. He has long doubted the “magic bullet” theory and deconstructed official government reports.“Landis shows that this is an open question and we really need a much better explanation of what happened on November 22nd, 1960,” Morley told CNN’s Abby Phillip earlier this week.

Last edited by paterson1 (September 14, 2023 9:26 am)

September 14, 2023 9:36 am  #2

Re: CNN Copy Story Gets JFK Assassination Date Wrong

I still remember that great Saturday Night Live sketch that involved a group of people at a party who had never heard about the assassination. 

"I wonder why they didn't talk about on TV?" says one clueless guest.

"Not on TV?" thunders the one person there who remembers it. "It was on EVERY CHANNEL!"

It was hilarious. 

September 14, 2023 2:18 pm  #3

And then a latecomer enters the party, hears what's being talked about and exclaims, "Ted Kennedy's been shot?"

How could Hell be worse?

September 14, 2023 3:08 pm  #4

I swear this is true.
When Pope John Paul 2 died it was front page on every newspaper.
About two weeks later I was walking down the street and noticed an old copy of the newspaper (The Toronto Sun) was still being displayed in the box.
In front of me a sort of punk looking guy was just passing the box and looked at the old front page and exclaimed loudly, "oh my god, the Pope's dead!"
I was laughing as I walked down the street behind him.