sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2023 7:54 am  #1

BT - BIG changes on Tuesday AM

CITY's Breakfast Television will have a number of changes on Tuesday morning...

First, they will debut a new set in the studio, 
Second, they will welcome a new morning news live location reporter...
Third, and certainly not last,  at 7:30am, BT will welcome their new permanent BT co-host. Who could it be?  Hhmmm...

Could it be a well known personality from Toronto radio land?  perhaps CHUM FM???  

Last edited by Glen Warren (September 4, 2023 9:51 am)

September 4, 2023 12:45 pm  #2

Re: BT - BIG changes on Tuesday AM

Are you suggesting Meredith Shaw who has suddenly left CHUM and her weekend show on other Bell stations???

September 4, 2023 1:09 pm  #3

Brad wrote:

Are you suggesting Meredith Shaw who has suddenly left CHUM and her weekend show on other Bell stations???

Not the poster you're asking, but yes, that's what's happening.

September 4, 2023 9:04 pm  #4

Sean Cowan will be the new live reporter for BT. Sean was recently on air at CHCH.

September 4, 2023 9:55 pm  #5

Maybe Marilyn Denis if the hours work in conjunction with CHUM-FM.

September 5, 2023 10:23 am  #6

I am wondering if BT has retained it's number one morning show crown after so many years.  If not they should be close.  Meredith Shaw seems likeable and it will be interesting to see how she fits in.  The morning crew on BT seem to all like each other and have the chemistry that CP24's morning show use to have. 

Your Morning on CTV....just as bad as ever IMHO.  

September 5, 2023 10:36 am  #7

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 7, 2023 7:46 am  #8

Shaw is now on TV, but she's not off radio entirely. Broadcast Dialogue notes part of her new deal means she'll also be turning up on CHFI and Rogers AC stations across the country for a new presumably pre-produced weekend show. It starts soon.

December 16, 2023 11:10 pm  #9

Sean Cowan was reporting on tonight's CHCH Evening News. Did he quit, get fired, replaced, or just removed from Breakfast Television??
His LinkedIn headline says Former Reporter at Breakfast Television, and his Instagram just says TV Reporter.
OK  - Just looked at his latest instagram post. Walking into the CHCH Newsroom to Eminem's Without Me.

Last edited by Brad (December 16, 2023 11:16 pm)

December 18, 2023 3:52 pm  #10

Brad wrote:

Sean Cowan was reporting on tonight's CHCH Evening News. Did he quit, get fired, replaced, or just removed from Breakfast Television??
His LinkedIn headline says Former Reporter at Breakfast Television, and his Instagram just says TV Reporter.
OK  - Just looked at his latest instagram post. Walking into the CHCH Newsroom to Eminem's Without Me.

Wouldn’t be totally surprised if he was let go due some of his questionable posts that used to be on his IG profile. I remember seeing one where he mocked Christianity. I just checked and it’s no longer posted.

December 18, 2023 7:58 pm  #11

I don't watch Breakfast Television. Is there still a reporter position, or did they just get rid of it?