sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2023 6:58 am  #1

Proud FM gone?

So did Proud FM 103.9 go dark today?

September 1, 2023 7:20 am  #2

Re: Proud FM gone?

Yes. Transmitter turned off.

September 1, 2023 8:41 am  #3

Here's what's left of the website.

September 1, 2023 10:24 am  #4

I won't lie.. I'm shocked.   With the amount of effort they have been doing to try and get Z1035 into Toronto proper, this could have been a possibility to fill in the hole in downtown that their current signal has.   I can only assume that costs to keep it operational along with the huge possibility of the CRTC calling them to a hearing over it, likely outweighed the benefit.    103.9 being so close to 103.5 also can't be used by anyone else without Evanov signing off on it.    Sad state of the business currently... I sadly don't think this is the end of these moves yet.   I do wonder if Elmnt FM is next in Toronto and Ottawa, unless some major change happens..  

Last edited by radiokid (September 1, 2023 10:25 am)

September 1, 2023 11:44 am  #5

radiokid wrote:

I won't lie.. I'm shocked.   With the amount of effort they have been doing to try and get Z1035 into Toronto proper, this could have been a possibility to fill in the hole in downtown that their current signal has.   I can only assume that costs to keep it operational along with the huge possibility of the CRTC calling them to a hearing over it, likely outweighed the benefit.    103.9 being so close to 103.5 also can't be used by anyone else without Evanov signing off on it.    Sad state of the business currently... I sadly don't think this is the end of these moves yet.   I do wonder if Elmnt FM is next in Toronto and Ottawa, unless some major change happens..  

CRTC would probably give them trouble for it, but if they're going to be MIA for 2 years anyway...