sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2023 1:28 pm  #1

Here's reason #4,833,918 why Rogers sucks

At 1:07pm today, Rogers called my office phone from the Vancouver phone number 604.900.1341, trying to sign me up for Rogers Internet service which is not available where I am. My business does not currently have an existing business relationship with Rogers, and my office phone number is on the national do-not-call list.

Listen up, Rogers - my workday starts at 9am and ends at 4pm, and I simply do not have time to listen to your B.S. sales pitches, especially when it comes from somebody who I can't understand and is on a spotty connection. Because of this call, I am now reporting this call to the DNCL admins, and you have cemented the fact that I will never do business with Rogers under any circumstances. Go to hell.

August 3, 2023 1:34 pm  #2

Re: Here's reason #4,833,918 why Rogers sucks

"Here's reason #4,833,918 why Rogers sucks."

I'm sorry, but that number is far too low!

August 3, 2023 1:42 pm  #3

And just now, 32 minutes after the phone call, Rogers texted my cell phone with some bullcrap offer. I AM NOT A ROGERS CUSTOMER AND NEVER WILL BE!!!!! If you are, in any way, shape or form, involved with Rogers except as a customer, you are absolutely despicable. You and your company are nothing but a cancer of Canadian society. You are the absolute lowest form of life in this country, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for being part of such a disgusting, vile and greedy conglomerate. I absolutely hate you Rogers people. You've picked the wrong person to friggin' war with.

August 3, 2023 1:45 pm  #4

It seems we all pay Rogers Communications.

August 3, 2023 1:55 pm  #5

Did you at least take a couple of minutes and answer their customer satisfaction survey?

August 3, 2023 2:12 pm  #6

This is still the only company I know who sends their minions dressed in their red shirts from door-to-door in various neighbourhoods, trying to get people to sign up for their services. I've had two come to my house in the past year alone, despite the fact I believe there's a prohibition on such door-to-door come-ons in Ontario. (I saw Bell guys, dressed in blue shirts, do the same thing in the past, but they haven't returned so far this year.) 

In both cases I told them in no uncertain terms what I think of their employers, who I called the most hated company in Canada, and that if Rogers offered me free cable and phone service for life, I would not take it. I want nothing to do with these odious greedmongers, who would sell their own mother - except I suspect they're probably already sold out. 

I asked him to leave before I got even more heated and fortunately, he did. But I have no doubt, like a pack of hyenas that find a good feeding ground, they'll be back again soon. 

August 3, 2023 2:45 pm  #7

Opinions of Rogers aside, this has all the markings of a scam, and not an actual pitch from Big Red

August 3, 2023 3:59 pm  #8

Here in Burlington, Cogeco is the licenced cable TV/BDU provider and we receive mailers for service/offerings.

Bell has regular door to door sales/canvass blitzes, about 2 per year and generally spring / summer or summer / fall.

Telus recently did a door sales canvass (first time that I can recall) in our area "We have just saved some of your neighbours over $100 on their monthly bill...  could I see your bill so that I could try and offer you a similar monthly savings?"   the door went SLAM...

August 3, 2023 4:18 pm  #9

As for door-to-door sales, in Ontario, the restricted products and services include:

- furnaces
- air conditioners
- air cleaners
- air purifiers
- water heaters
- water treatment devices
- water  purifiers
- water filters
- water softeners
- duct cleaning services
- any good or service that performs or combines one or more of the above functions.

Last edited by Dial Twister (August 3, 2023 4:18 pm)

August 3, 2023 6:39 pm  #10

Forward Power wrote:

I AM NOT A ROGERS CUSTOMER AND NEVER WILL BE!!!!!

I AM A ROGERS CUSOTMER AND CHANCES ARE VERY HIGH THAT I ALWAYS WILL BE!!!
I LOVE ROGERS VERY MUCH!!! ROGERS IS THE BEST AND GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO MY LIFE!!!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 3, 2023 6:44 pm  #11

Well, that happened.

August 3, 2023 6:44 pm  #12

RadioAaron wrote:

Opinions of Rogers aside, this has all the markings of a scam, and not an actual pitch from Big Red

I tend to feel the same... This screams scam.   Are you sure it wasn't someone trying to get personal info from you?   The number on your phone means nothing.. it can be faked...  I get bank texts and other spam texts all the time.  all of this sounds like a scammer.  

Last edited by radiokid (August 3, 2023 6:48 pm)

August 3, 2023 6:54 pm  #13

I'm aware of caller ID spoofing, but the text from Rogers was from a shortcode. Regardless of whether the call was legit or not, I'm about to invest in an office phone with an auto attendant to weed out the scammers, autodialers etc.

August 3, 2023 10:43 pm  #14

67GreenRambler wrote:

It seems we all pay Rogers Communications.

After this revelation I look forward to the National Post's twice monthly columns calling for the defunding of Rogers Communications.

August 8, 2023 1:33 pm  #15

I have had two calls from "Rogers" over the past few days. The first was an offer of a 30% discount on my cell bill because I pay on time every month (I'm on automatic payment).  I told the woman that I couldn't understand her very well so if she could please email me the information, I would be happy to look at it.  When she asked me for my email address, I hung up.  The second call came in and the only word I understood was "Rogers".  I politely told him to eff off and hung up.  This isn't a Rogers thing.  It's a scam. 

August 8, 2023 4:30 pm  #16

Forward Power wrote:

I'm aware of caller ID spoofing, but the text from Rogers was from a shortcode. Regardless of whether the call was legit or not, I'm about to invest in an office phone with an auto attendant to weed out the scammers, autodialers etc.

Shortcodes again mean nothing... I get shortcodes all the time from someone saying I have an account with CIBC, which I don't.   Spoofing happens on texts, calls and some of these short codes are bought by scammers.      If you don't have services with a company, never trust the calls or texts unless they clearly identify your account info (name, package etc.)   If they don't know anything but your number... chances are they are trying to scam you. 

August 8, 2023 4:40 pm  #17

I get calls all the time regarding my Amazon account. I don't have a Amazon account. I heve never ever shopped Amazon.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

August 8, 2023 4:57 pm  #18

much as really don't like Bell I switched to them after Rogers cut off my phone because I missed one payment.
I was on a long vacation and was not home to receive my Rogers bill in the mail.
When I got home I could not figure out why I could not call out on my landline phone.
It was because I missed one letter where Rogers said my bill was overdue -- just one month.
When I switched to Bell I told them about this and the person I spoke to said, they would never cut off my phone for missing just one payment.
Bell has it's own flaws but I have never experienced this one with them.

Last edited by newsguy1 (August 8, 2023 4:58 pm)

August 8, 2023 7:15 pm  #19

Bell Canada was amazing about 10 years ago when we had a terrible ice/snow storm a few days before Christmas.  No power for two days and phone lines down all over the place from large tree branches crashing to the ground.  Bell had everyone's land lines hooked up very quickly and the young gentlemen doing the job were personable and friendly.

Two of them came to my door and asked me if it would be alright if they worked on the house across the street before mine.  I had called Bell on my cell to tell them about my down phone line and the two elderly sisters across the street who had no phone service.  They wanted to fix across the street first since the ladies only had a land line and no cell.  I said that was fine since I had my cell.  
Anyway when they later fixed my line, I noticed that they had also cut back the evergreen tree in the backyard that caused the problem and dragged the large branches that they cut and the others laying on the ground to the front boulevard for pick up.

These branches were big and heavy from all of the ice and they dragged them at least 100 feet to the front.  This was beyond what they needed to do and I made a point of thanking them personally, since they basically cleaned up all the debris from the backyard. 

Others on the street also remarked how professional and efficient the guys from Bell were fixing the many down phone lines.  But this was the phone company and not the Bell Media broadcast division.  

August 9, 2023 1:31 pm  #20

I've found frontline linesmen/workers from all the various companies (Bell, Rogers, Hydro, etc.) do go above and beyond.  It's the suits who eff everything up.
On another note, I just got a text from Rogers today offering me 150.00 credit.  Just have to click on the link to claim it!  HAHAHAHAHA