sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2023 4:51 pm  #1

Toronto news unfolds in literal backyard of local news broadcaster

Seems 1010's John Moore can't even go away on vacation on his annual 2 weeks' retreat without some excitement back at the homestead:

https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/07/john-moore-newstalk/

July 27, 2023 8:55 pm  #2

Re: Toronto news unfolds in literal backyard of local news broadcaster

That's a wonderfully kept backyard.

And since the story says John & his "family" were not home the photo must come from the upstairs of the neighbours house then? Unless I've missed something.

So if all that is correct I will say while the yard is perfectly & no doubt professionally manicured it surprisingly (to me) is short on privacy.  

July 27, 2023 9:19 pm  #3

He's said on air in the past that it backs onto a cemetery, so it may be more private than it looks. Unless you believe in ghosts, I guess. 

July 27, 2023 9:26 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

He's said on air in the past that it backs onto a cemetery, so it may be more private than it looks. Unless you believe in ghosts, I guess. 

​I was aware of his neighbouring graveyard - he's referenced it often. My point is if your neighbour can get this kind of detailed image you are pretty exposed. More exposure than I could tolerate.  

July 28, 2023 3:42 am  #5

AspectRatio wrote:

Seems 1010's John Moore can't even go away on vacation on his annual 2 weeks' retreat without some excitement back at the homestead:

https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/07/john-moore-newstalk/

And they quoted my tweet in the article. I always knew I'd reach the fame and  status of "another person". 

July 28, 2023 6:47 am  #6

unclefester wrote:

the photo must come from the upstairs of the neighbours house then? .  

Perhaps the photo is from John's security camera.

Last edited by zed (July 28, 2023 6:48 am)

July 28, 2023 9:05 am  #7

zed wrote:

unclefester wrote:

the photo must come from the upstairs of the neighbours house then? .  

Perhaps the photo is from John's security camera.

Your suggestion certainly has merit

July 28, 2023 9:11 am  #8

It's highly likely, since it was Moore himself who posted it and not a neighbour or anyone else.

By the way, there's a follow-up message from the vacationing morning man on there now. He talks about the yard - and the trouble with what's in back of it. 

See it here.

July 28, 2023 9:41 pm  #9

RadioActive wrote:

It's highly likely, since it was Moore himself who posted it and not a neighbour or anyone else.

By the way, there's a follow-up message from the vacationing morning man on there now. He talks about the yard - and the trouble with what's in back of it. 

See it here.

I live close by to that cemetery and it's been closed to the public all year except for Father's and Mother's days for decades.   However, the lucky people who share their back yards with it used to have access year round, probably since the houses were built over 100 years-ago.   I guess Mt. Pleasant Cemetery Group decided to fence in the entire property and deny access to the neighbours.   That's a disappointment.  It would piss me off as well.

Last edited by SpinningWheel (July 28, 2023 9:42 pm)

July 29, 2023 11:48 am  #10

No offence but John Moore is not a news broadcaster. He is a talk show entertainer.
A good one, though.

July 29, 2023 8:56 pm  #11

unclefester wrote:

And since the story says John & his "family" were not home the photo must come from the upstairs of the neighbours house then? Unless I've missed something.

So if all that is correct I will say while the yard is perfectly & no doubt professionally manicured it surprisingly (to me) is short on privacy.  

He owes it all to 'Jiffy-App'.

July 29, 2023 9:04 pm  #12

Walter wrote:

unclefester wrote:

He owes it all to 'Jiffy-App'.

LOL !!

Well done sir!

July 31, 2023 11:31 am  #13

I've used this line in other areas, and it fits well here: "When we say Action News, we REALLY mean it!"