sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2023 7:28 pm  #1

Audio and video out of sync on CityTV OTA

I’ve noticed since early this morning on City that the audio and video are out of sync on their OTA signal, and the video looks slightly jerky. What might cause this?

July 26, 2023 7:50 pm  #2

Re: Audio and video out of sync on CityTV OTA

Yes, I've also noticed this... as well, their is no program description for CITY, as well as the two OMNIs...
OMNI 1 / CFMT 47 has a corrupted transport stream... garbled audio and stuttering video.  OMNI 2 CJMT 40  has lost the virtual channel assignment and is seen on its actual RF assignment of Ch. 26.

July 26, 2023 10:24 pm  #3

I wonder if technical complications account for why Natasha Ramsahai has delivered the weather forecast on television voice-over only this week. (Working from home) And if there is a problem why not just go into the studio? Is downtown Toronto really that bad?

July 27, 2023 11:05 am  #4

67GreenRambler wrote:

I wonder if technical complications account for why Natasha Ramsahai has delivered the weather forecast on television voice-over only this week. (Working from home) And if there is a problem why not just go into the studio? Is downtown Toronto really that bad?

It takes hours to get anywhere in Toronto.   Even within the city.    Transit has become unsafe, and the roads have got so bad nothing moves especially during the daytime.      No clue what the issue is why they did VO only, but they may be stretched thin due to holiday coverage.  Natasha may not have been able to come in with other obligations.  Who knows.   I'm sure there is a logical reason.   Sadly with today's environment, budgets are cut very thin and leave no room for anyone to take time off, which is why we see these things. 

July 27, 2023 8:35 pm  #5

Garbled / corrupted audio is back on CFMT 47...  no program description date on CFMT, CJMT, or CITY...

July 27, 2023 9:05 pm  #6

Wow!   that was fast....   Program info now on all three channels, and the audio is restored on CFMT...

Faster than booking a service call with Rogers Cable....

July 27, 2023 10:43 pm  #7

Good news!