sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2023 2:26 pm  #1

Sauga960 Host Wants Listeners To Pay To Rehear His Show

Most stations make it easy to re-hear an episode of a show they missed on free radio via a podcast.

Not Sauga960's arch conservative host Marc Patrone. The former CRTC Commissioner has started a new Substack page where you can listen to interviews you missed on his show, if that's your thing. But to get to those recordings, you have to pony up $4 a month or $38 a year. 

I can't think of another host who does this. Is this a paid program that he's doing for AM 960 or does the property belong to the station? If the latter, how does he justify dinging listeners for something that's not technically his? Either way, I think it's madness to charge people for something they're otherwise getting for free. I'm pretty sure if the government tried that, he'd rake them over the coals. 

What an odd arrangement.

July 10, 2023 3:02 pm  #2

Re: Sauga960 Host Wants Listeners To Pay To Rehear His Show

If he were an employee it would belong to the station. But he’s probably paying them to be on the air, in which case it’s his do as he pleases.

July 10, 2023 3:12 pm  #3

$4 a month to listen to a rerun instead of one of the tens of thousands of podcasts available for free.

That’s about as logical as a typical CRTC decision.

July 10, 2023 4:46 pm  #4

Tomas Barlow wrote:

...That’s about as logical as a typical CRTC decision.

Dead on. Take a bow.

July 10, 2023 11:21 pm  #5

You’d have to pay me to listen to his super smug drone.

Last edited by Hammy (July 10, 2023 11:44 pm)

July 11, 2023 12:03 am  #6

I have decided to charge him $50 to make me listen to each random hour of his show.
PAY UP BUDDY!! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.