sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2023 11:46 am  #1

Crave Plans Ad Supported Tiers This Summer

Looks like Crave will be adding ad supported versions of their service this summer.  Various other streamers are already doing this.  Not many details on this as yet..https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/ad-supported-tiers-to-launch-on-crave-this-summer-delivering-more-choice-for-premium-content/

June 8, 2023 12:45 pm  #2

Re: Crave Plans Ad Supported Tiers This Summer

Amazon Prime is working on a similar move - but there are warnings it could result in price hikes for subscribers.

Amazon is reportedly plotting an ad tier for Prime Video — and that means you could end up paying more money

June 8, 2023 12:59 pm  #3

Re: Crave Plans Ad Supported Tiers This Summer

Crave needed to do something... Prices had jumped way up and they tried to say for 9.99 you could only watch on your phone.   I canceled because of this, because there was no way I'm paying 20 bucks just to stream on my TV.    It appears they backed off on the mobile plan limitation and allow 1 streaming screen.. but it also appears they hide how to sign up for that tier.   If they want to show ads and price at 5.99 and allow me to cast to my tv... I may consider it again. 

Last edited by radiokid (June 8, 2023 1:20 pm)