sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2016 9:42 am  #1

Former contributors who possibly are current lurkers

HAPPY NEW YEAR to:
 - Adma
 - B. Taylor
 - (the) STICKLER, and
 - Marc Weisblott

Others?

December 31, 2016 12:58 pm  #2

Re: Former contributors who possibly are current lurkers

Charlie wrote:

'He who shall not be named'?

Indeed, both He and She who will not be named

December 31, 2016 1:14 pm  #3

What about the Housecoat Man?  I actually miss his voice on AM 640.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

December 31, 2016 1:21 pm  #4

Possibly current posters under another name .  

As as for 'he who..'  As I said a million times before, a valuable and insightful contributor, unfortunately 98% insight completely cancelled out by 2% shit disturbing .  

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

December 31, 2016 1:26 pm  #5

Jody Thornton wrote:

What about the Housecoat Man?  I actually miss his voice on AM 640.

From what I understand he's doing really well, still owns a ton of radio stations in T&C and successfully avoiding old yeller board trollers .  I hear him on a bunch of stuff (even on 640, but not as the Hit Man )

http://www.instantvoiceovers.com/

Even on the superbowl! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVIIzuuHK0M

Last edited by ig (December 31, 2016 1:27 pm)

December 31, 2016 1:36 pm  #6

Good to hear Iain.  And Happy New Year.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

December 31, 2016 1:37 pm  #7

Jody Thornton wrote:

Good to hear Iain.  And Happy New Year.

Happy New Year!  

December 31, 2016 6:20 pm  #8

I thought I heard the Housecoated One the other day somewhere doing somebody's ad, too.

As to those fellows, and Walt Poddubny, yeah, Happy New Year to him, and them too. Both the real Walt, wherever and whatever section management's placed him at in his new place, and the fake one, who's had a really interesting past year too. And Radioactive and our Wiz, both of which I've now and then taken pokes at but appear to both be really decent people.

December 31, 2016 6:25 pm  #9

And oh, as for She:

Everybody should wish to have as good a finish to a career as she accomplished and received. She's been through a harrowing past few years, with a incomprehensible loss in the midst of it too. She has earned the gratitude, respect, and esteem that is shown her. Could not be happier for her, and wish her the best in the next phase of her life.

Happy New Year, Ms Davis. You've earned it.

December 31, 2016 6:25 pm  #10

And then the lion lay down with the lambs.

January 1, 2017 6:41 am  #11

verger wrote:

And Radioactive and our Wiz, both of which I've now and then taken pokes at but appear to both be really decent people 

'Tis the season of love & fellowship; the most wonderful time of the year

January 2, 2017 1:50 pm  #12

verger wrote:

And oh, as for She:

Everybody should wish to have as good a finish to a career as she accomplished and received. She's been through a harrowing past few years, with a incomprehensible loss in the midst of it too. She has earned the gratitude, respect, and esteem that is shown her. Could not be happier for her, and wish her the best in the next phase of her life.

Happy New Year, Ms Davis. You've earned it.

i remember when ms. davis and the yellow board got in a bit of a tussle (back in the day).

January 2, 2017 1:57 pm  #13

I enjoyed reading Marc Weisblott's posts over the years. It's too bad he doesn't post here anymore. Brent Taylor was another poster who I liked but is no longer here.

I'm so thankful Iain stepped up and kept SOWNY going. This year it will be 19 years old - old enough to legally drink in some provinces!

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

January 2, 2017 2:03 pm  #14

Looking back at some of the post headers makes me want to grab for my anti anxiety meds .

archive.org

Last edited by ig (January 2, 2017 2:04 pm)

January 2, 2017 3:28 pm  #15

Looking back we had lots of great posters (and we still do!). Looking at a random archive page from 2008, I see Lorne, Russ Horton, Shane Alexander, Tom Sanders, David Lennick, Fred Waterer, Greg Simpson, Bob Segarini and a couple who have passed away - Craig Smith and Don Berns. Good people then, and good people now.

January 2, 2017 5:14 pm  #16

And don't forget the town "Marshalls" - Bruce, Mike and Lee. I hope they're still with us, after the brutal 2016. Wish they'd check back in sometime.

Last edited by RadioActive (January 2, 2017 5:16 pm)

January 2, 2017 6:56 pm  #17

Dale Patterson wrote:

Looking back we had lots of great posters (and we still do!). Looking at a random archive page from 2008, I see Lorne, Russ Horton, Shane Alexander, Tom Sanders, David Lennick, Fred Waterer, Greg Simpson, Bob Segarini and a couple who have passed away - Craig Smith and Don Berns. Good people then, and good people now.

Well, I'm still here, and you are, and ... well, I'm not sure if any of the others are, unless they're using other names now. Miss seeing them and other past contributors here, and of course Craig and Don are especially missed. 

January 2, 2017 7:46 pm  #18

Lorne wrote:

Dale Patterson wrote:

Well, I'm still here, and you are, and ... well, I'm not sure if any of the others are, unless they're using other names now. Miss seeing them and other past contributors here, and of course Craig and Don are especially missed. 

Hi Lorne. Good to see you're still here!

January 2, 2017 9:00 pm  #19

I believe Jody wrote about this but Marc Weisblott is a frequent guest on the Toronto Mike podcasts and the last one was just last week and there's a long segment on that one devoted to Toronto radio. What we miss from him here can be caught there.

Last edited by Fitz (January 2, 2017 9:01 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/