sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2023 5:32 pm  #1

SOWNY Member Scott Fybush Becomes 1st Voice On New FM

Kudos to SOWNY member Scott Fybush, an all-around media genius with his fingers in a lot of radio pies. His latest recipe was as the broker and the first voice on the new WXXI-FM Rochester, simulcasting its 1370 AM counterpart on a full powered signal. It's the latest in an endless series of conversions to the FM band in the industry, although its longtime AM home remains on the air for now. 

Congrats to Mr. Fybush who has been working on this for a very long time!

WXXI Rochester Debuts New FM Signal 

May 25, 2023 7:44 pm  #2

Re: SOWNY Member Scott Fybush Becomes 1st Voice On New FM

Several years ago Scott used to put in an appearance every Saturday evening on a show for radio hobbyists. I don't recall the name of the program or what station it was. But it was on one of the short wave stations from te US.

Last edited by turkeytop (May 25, 2023 7:45 pm)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

May 25, 2023 8:16 pm  #3

If I had to guess, it was probably Glenn Hauser's World Of Radio, which - incredibly - is still on the air all these years later. 

May 25, 2023 8:20 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

If I had to guess, it was probably Glenn Hauser's World Of Radio, which - incredibly - is still on the air all these years later. 

No, it wasn't World of Radio. It was a program that is no longer on. It may have been Spectrum. I reacll listening to that. And yes, Glen is still on. I listen every week.

May 26, 2023 11:41 pm  #5

That was over 30 years ago now! It was first called Signals and later Spectrum... originated from NJ and transmitted from WWCR in Nashville.

May 27, 2023 8:39 pm  #6

fybush wrote:

That was over 30 years ago now! It was first called Signals and later Spectrum... originated from NJ and transmitted from WWCR in Nashville.

Yes. That was a good program. I missed it after it was gone. They were trying desperately to sell advertising to keep it going but they had no success. I was trying to interest the organization to which I belonged to put on some ads. But when they found out most of the audience was middle aged, white men, they weren't interested.

Last edited by turkeytop (May 27, 2023 9:53 pm)