sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2023 12:05 am  #1

Ask AI: Is Radio Broadcasting A Good Career Choice In 2023?

Veteran Toronto radio consultant Dave Charles asked Artificial Intelligence bot ChatGPT if getting into radio is still a good career choice. Its answers weren't exactly riveting or a revelation, but one caught my eye.

"Entry-level positions such as production assistants or radio hosts might be a starting point to gain experience and work your way up."

Radio host is an entry-level position? Where has this machine been working?

Unfortunately, after the answer was given, there were cutbacks and a format change at the station and the AI bot was laid off and was last seen working as a menu-taker at McDonald's. I wonder what the answer to the question "Do you want fries with that?" might be...

Ask AI: Is Radio Broadcasting a good career choice in 2023?

May 25, 2023 12:09 am  #2

Re: Ask AI: Is Radio Broadcasting A Good Career Choice In 2023?

I decided to ask ChatGPT if it did want fries with that. Here's what it told me:

"As an AI language model, I don't have physical senses or the ability to consume food, so I don't have preferences for fries or any other food items. However, if you're asking whether fries would make a good addition to a meal, it ultimately depends on personal taste and dietary preferences. Fries are a popular side dish and often complement meals such as burgers, sandwiches, or fried chicken. They can be enjoyed by many people as a tasty and satisfying addition to their meal."

You'd think a computer program would know something about "chips!"

No wonder it failed in radio...

May 25, 2023 11:51 am  #3

Re: Ask AI: Is Radio Broadcasting A Good Career Choice In 2023?

RadioActive wrote:

I decided to ask ChatGPT if it did want fries with that. Here's what it told me:

"As an AI language model, I don't have physical senses or the ability to consume food, so I don't have preferences for fries or any other food items. However, if you're asking whether fries would make a good addition to a meal, it ultimately depends on personal taste and dietary preferences. Fries are a popular side dish and often complement meals such as burgers, sandwiches, or fried chicken. They can be enjoyed by many people as a tasty and satisfying addition to their meal."

You'd think a computer program would know something about "chips!"

No wonder it failed in radio...

ChatGPT, a "chips" off the old blockhead. 😌

see also: "I'm not afraid of artificial intelligence, I'm afraid of artificial stupidity." Eric Idle 🐧

Last edited by betaylored (May 25, 2023 11:54 am)