sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2023 12:06 pm  #1

Another New Free U.S. Streaming Service Appears But You'll Need A VPN

It's called Sling Freeview and it claims to have thousands of shows available for free, with no sign-up required. (It's actually been online since early February, but it's since added a ton of new material.)

Among the "channels" with dedicated programming: a "Walking Dead" station, an old TV classics offering, all Red Green all-the-time choice, a stream dedicated solely to Elvis specials and movies, another showing the old Carol Burnett Show, a Johnny Carson Show replay outlet and a ton more, including movies like The Titanic.  

It also offers an On Demand section divided into dozens of categories, from game shows to comedy and dramas. 

The one caveat for Canadians is you need a VPN set to the U.S. to consume any or all of it. 

It's yet another choice for viewers who want to watch something for free, and as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier!

You can find it here.

May 15, 2023 4:42 pm  #2

Re: Another New Free U.S. Streaming Service Appears But You'll Need A VPN

Works fine with Nord connected to NY State.  Nothing worth watching that I saw.  Nvidia Shield if that makes a difference

May 16, 2023 11:31 am  #3

What ever happened, or will it ever 'happen', with JOIN TV?

May 16, 2023 12:44 pm  #4

DeepTracks wrote:

What ever happened, or will it ever 'happen', with JOIN TV?

Good question. I wrote JOIN TV last January, after they failed to debut on New Year's Day as promised. To their credit, they actually wrote me back and I managed to find that email in my archives. For what it's worth, here's what they said back in early January:

"The JOIN TV Network will be launching soon! Due to the overwhelming procurement of content for the JOIN Network of Channels, our staff have been working overtime to select the best content from across Canada and around the world for our viewers (such as you) to enjoy.

I've added you to our newsletter for ongoing updates as we are as excited as you are for the JOIN launch!"

Worth noting that I never got a single newsletter or any "ongoing updates." So are they still in business or still coming? Hard to know, but the site is still up and an email I sent them Tuesday has not bounced back, so that would appear to be a good sign. If I get a response from them, I'll be sure to post it here.