sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2023 6:33 pm  #1

Seeing Blue? It's not your TV...It's CTV!

According to Blog TO,
Blue could be seen instead of normal skin colour while watching CTV news...and it's not your TV set either, lol
https://www.blogto.com/tech/2023/04/ctv-viewers-left-confused-after-screens-turn-mysterious-shade/

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 18, 2023 3:02 am  #2

Re: Seeing Blue? It's not your TV...It's CTV!

Reminds me of those days when you can adjust the colors on your CRT television screens. Now you can't do that with the HD tv's we got today.

May 11, 2023 11:40 am  #3

It happened again this morning during CTV Morning Live early this morning.

May 11, 2023 12:56 pm  #4

I saw something very odd on CTV's noon news in Toronto Thursday. They were about to do the Leafs recap, and went to viz of the crowds in Maple Leaf Square for about 10 seconds. Then, suddenly, they cut to a promo for Grey's Anatomy and Station 19, which ran most of its full 30 secs. 

They then cut back to anchor Nathan Downer, who was in the midst of throwing to reporter Andrew Brennan at the arena. He said two or three words, then the screen went to what looked like the tail end of another spot saying something about Mother's Day. That was there for at least four seconds and then it was back to Brennan, still in mid-script, throwing to his piece about the game and reaction. 

You rarely see stuff like that on CFTO, and I'm guessing it was either a weird glitch or an error in Master Control. The news crew didn't seem aware of either interruption. After that, everything returned to normal.  

May 11, 2023 4:01 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

I saw something very odd on CTV's noon news in Toronto Thursday. They were about to do the Leafs recap, and went to viz of the crowds in Maple Leaf Square for about 10 seconds. Then, suddenly, they cut to a promo for Grey's Anatomy and Station 19, which ran most of its full 30 secs. 

They then cut back to anchor Nathan Downer, who was in the midst of throwing to reporter Andrew Brennan at the arena. He said two or three words, then the screen went to what looked like the tail end of another spot saying something about Mother's Day. That was there for at least four seconds and then it was back to Brennan, still in mid-script, throwing to his piece about the game and reaction. 
You rarely see stuff like that on CFTO, and I'm guessing it was either a weird glitch or an error in Master Control. The news crew didn't seem aware of either interruption. After that, everything returned to normal.  

Something similar happened last night during CTV London's news at 6. There were no issues when they did a Live on Location segment where Nick Paperella was at one of the new Dream Lottery homes on the outskirts of London. But when they did another Live on Location segment where Julie Atchison was live on location at one of the McDonald's locations in London during McHappy Day. After showing her weather forecast her live feed began to glitch and freeze then her feed unfroze but lost her audio feed and had to send it back to the newsroom. Reta said: "Looks like we are losing Julie." then showed what stories are coming up next. After that unexpected mess up the rest of the newscast went on without any more errors. Does CTV use that famous "Dejero" brand for their live camera feed?

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (May 11, 2023 4:03 pm)

May 11, 2023 4:54 pm  #6

Smurfvision plagued CHCJ 35, the Hamilton rebroad of CTV2,  late last August on a Saturday morning...  I saw it while flipping around and really thought that it would be corrected rather quickly (not). Then I debated with myself if I should attempt to contact the CKVR folks in Barrie as this is the feed point...  (I thought better... why waste my time for Bell)...  I did check in a couple of times during the day...  and yup!, Dr. Ho's infomercials looked like something from an Aquaman trailer.   As I recall, it lasted  about 8.5 hours from when I first noticed it in the am....  It was corrected for the 6pm CTV Barrie news..

This was on the CHCJ OTA signal...  probably was not affecting Fibe, Cable or Satellite subscribers...

May 11, 2023 5:15 pm  #7

They fixed the color issue on CTV Vancouver as of 5:15 PM EST.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (May 11, 2023 5:16 pm)