sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2023 10:43 am  #1

City overnight news gone?

For the last two days City news in Ottawa has been carrying C-B-S sports radio.  Does anyone have any information concerning this?

May 3, 2023 6:06 pm  #2

Re: City overnight news gone?

So much for credibility. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 3, 2023 6:32 pm  #3

Ottawa's been a combination of News, Talk, and Sports for almost 10 years now. In fact, they ran sports in overnights previous to the national overnight news show. This doesn't change anything.

May 4, 2023 9:56 am  #4

Radiowiz wrote:

So much for credibility. 

This comment confuses me.    CityNews in Kitchener, Ottawa and Halifax have been newstalk before and after CityNews branding.   I'm not sure adding a sports feed changes anyone's credibility.  It would be a bigger deal doing that to an all news format like CityNews 680 in Toronto. 

May 4, 2023 12:54 pm  #5

To clarify, until this week Citynews in Ottawa carried the overnight national news programming.  That has since stopped, and C-B-S sports radio has taken over.

May 4, 2023 3:42 pm  #6

Ale Ont wrote:

To clarify, until this week Citynews in Ottawa carried the overnight national news programming.  That has since stopped, and C-B-S sports radio has taken over.

Thank-you. That's exactly my point. I expect news coverage. If I wanted sports I'd go to TSN 1200, not CityNEWS 101. 
It's CityNEWS not CitySports radio.

So much for credibility. 
News radio please! Ottawa deserves it.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.