sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2023 1:09 pm  #1

Video: TV Weather Presenter's Frightening Faint On Air

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's very scary for viewers and staff alike. A weather presenter for L.A.'s KCAL-TV had just been introduced for her morning segment, when her eyes suddenly rolled back in her head and she collapsed onto the desk and then the floor. 

What's even more alarming is that the co-hosts at first thought she was responding to their introduction about how much rain had been falling in the area and what a relief it was to have it end. But that "relief" quickly turned to disbelief when they realized how serious it was. Apparently she suffers from an on-going heart condition and this isn't the first time it happened. 

The video is pretty disturbing. 

TV presenter's eyes rolled back before terrifying collapse caught live on CBS LA 

This reminds me of something that happened here in Toronto a few decades ago, when Irshad Manji collapsed on air just seconds after her show was introduced on CP24.

Fortunately, in both cases, the women were fine and reported no injuries. People sadly suffer medical issues all the time. But it's very disconcerting when it happens on camera.

March 21, 2023 7:21 pm  #2

Re: Video: TV Weather Presenter's Frightening Faint On Air

And now we know what happened to the on-air presenter - and it turns out, it had nothing to do with her heart. 

Meteorologist reveals reason she collapsed in frightening live TV moment

I can't help but note the irony at the end of this story - she moonlights as a health coach! I certainly hope she follows her own advice!