sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 16, 2023 10:34 am  #1

92.9 The Grand Losing Its Morning Show Host

Broadcast Dialogue reports Paul Brown, the morning man on CHTG-FM (aka 92.9 The Grand in Hamilton) is leaving to go to CIVW (aka The Wave 98.3) in Vancouver, where he'll do afternoons. The new gig starts March 30th. No word yet on who might replace him in the most important daypart in radio. 

Speaking of The Grand, does anyone know what happened to their HD signal? Durham Radio's webpage says it's on 94.7-3, but when I try tuning that in on my car radio, it shows no HD signals there at all. Still trying to find CKDO, as well, which the site claims is at 95.9-3.

March 16, 2023 6:35 pm  #2

Re: 92.9 The Grand Losing Its Morning Show Host

This is a hard position to keep filled. He was the 4th morning host in the short time the station has been around.
Milkman had a posting a few weeks ago for all positions at The Grand. I assume it's just to see who's available, with no one really in danger of losing their jobs.

March 16, 2023 6:45 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Speaking of The Grand, does anyone know what happened to their HD signal? Durham Radio's webpage says it's on 94.7-3, but when I try tuning that in on my car radio, it shows no HD signals there at all. Still trying to find CKDO, as well, which the site claims is at 95.9-3.

Just checked and they're both still there. HD runs at lower power than the analog signals, so it's not unusual to not be able to receive out-of-market stations' HD.

March 16, 2023 6:56 pm  #4

Brad wrote:

This is a hard position to keep filled. He was the 4th morning host in the short time the station has been around.
Milkman had a posting a few weeks ago for all positions at The Grand. I assume it's just to see who's available, with no one really in danger of losing their jobs.

How about Scott MacArthur or Ryan Dolye?  Remember them?

March 16, 2023 7:00 pm  #5

Walter wrote:

Brad wrote:

How about Scott MacArthur or Ryan Dolye?  Remember them?

The AI would sound more natural on a music station.

March 16, 2023 7:17 pm  #6

RadioAaron wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Just checked and they're both still there. HD runs at lower power than the analog signals, so it's not unusual to not be able to receive out-of-market stations' HD.

Thank you. Might have been where I was when I tried it. I'll give it another shot next time I go out. 

March 17, 2023 7:19 am  #7

The Wave 98,3 CIWV-FM is also owned by Durham Radio. Paul returns to Vancouver where he had spent time on mornings at JACK-FM.