sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2023 4:31 pm  #1

Jimmy Kimmel A Hit Or Miss Last Night?

The preliminary numbers for last nights Oscars are slightly lower than last year.  15.67 million viewers on ABC compared to 16.6 million in 2022.  However when the numbers are updated later, the 2023 rating will likely be a bit higher than last years broadcast also seen on ABC.  Both are well ahead of the disaster in 2021 when about 10.4 million people tuned in. 

How did Jimmy Kimmel do as host this year?  Here is a good review of last nights broadcast from Bill Brioux from brioux.tv..https://brioux.tv/blog/2023/03/13/class-act-kimmel-sets-just-the-right-tone-at-the-most-uplifting-oscars-in-years/ 

March 13, 2023 6:13 pm  #2

Re: Jimmy Kimmel A Hit Or Miss Last Night?

March 13, 2023 8:39 pm  #3

I vote miss.   And I like jimmy

March 14, 2023 12:44 am  #4

He was just the right amount of edgy.  I prefer Ricky Gervais but Hollywood is too sensitive for him so Kimmel is just right for most.

March 14, 2023 9:53 pm  #5

The Oscars were a little more popular on Sunday evening in Canada this year.  CTV had a healthy total of 3.4 million viewers for the broadcast compared to 3.2 in 2021. Jimmy Kimmel's pre awards show from the carpet was watched by almost 1.2 million  Updated in the US has 18.76 million watching on ABC, a good increase of 3 million more viewers than the year before. 

March 16, 2023 2:39 pm  #6

I thought he was great. Just the right amount of humour etc. The Tom Cruise "L Ron Hubba Hubba" was my favourite line.

- Scholes